G6 GXP mated with 6 spd Manual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 GXP mated with 6 spd Manual.

That Concept G6 had a 3.9L HO version with 275hp as stated above. It was the same 3.9L LZ9 in the GTP for 2006 and GT Sport for 2007+ except it was 3 Valves per cylinder instead of 2 valves per cylinder. the F40 being mated to it makes sense as the 3.9L LZ9 was the only G6 ever to be equipped and mated to the F40. It was not the 3.6L

Funny story though. The G6 was never supposta get the LZ9 3.9L. It was supposta get the 3.6L. However it came out in 2006 for the CTS and was in short supply. Dealers were demanding a high performance version of the G6, so they shoved in the 3.9L they had excess from bumping up production for W-Body cars. Then 2007 they changed it to the intended LY7 3.6L. The F40 at that time was only used in Saab's besides the G6 and apparently didn't find it a good enough market to warrant funding to configure and test them for the 3.6L.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
      That Concept G6 had a 3.9L HO version with 275hp as stated above. It was the same 3.9L LZ9 in the GTP for 2006 and GT Sport for 2007+ except it was 3 Valves per cylinder instead of 2 valves per cylinder. the F40 being mated to it makes sense as the 3.9L LZ9 was the only G6 ever to be equipped and mated to the F40. It was not the 3.6L

Funny story though. The G6 was never supposta get the LZ9 3.9L. It was supposta get the 3.6L. However it came out in 2006 for the CTS and was in short supply. Dealers were demanding a high performance version of the G6, so they shoved in the 3.9L they had excess from bumping up production for W-Body cars. Then 2007 they changed it to the intended LY7 3.6L. The F40 at that time was only used in Saab's besides the G6 and apparently didn't find it a good enough market to warrant funding to configure and test them for the 3.6L.
      Very useful info! I wish they would have configured it into the 3.6L though. My car would be a hellava lot faster if they did.
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post

Why does that engine cover say 3.6 on it and not 3.9?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ponti...#photo-1528047

It is a front wheel drive 3.6L HO engine mated to a 6 speed manual. Not sure if it was the F40 tranny though.
          sigpic
          MY PROGRESSION:

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

isn't sexyg6 swapping two of these into his car?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

FYI the F40 WILL bolt up to the 3.6 as will any other GM 60* V6 tranny the bolt pattern is the same across the board for the most part, but i dont know what else would fit or not....particularly the axles and flywheel/clutch assembly.......

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
                Why does that engine cover say 3.6 on it and not 3.9?
                Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post

It is a front wheel drive 3.6L HO engine mated to a 6 speed manual. Not sure if it was the F40 tranny though.
                WTF was I smoking?

I did read they did plan on making a 3.9L that was 3 valves per cylinder though.
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I want it!

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post

Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

Originally posted by SFLAGTP View Post
                    I want it!
                    Could have. It was up for sale on eBay a year or two ago. No VIN # though so not able to register it.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

I dont think GM really made any other FWD 6-speed manual transmissions other than the variations of the F40. Other than the trans, shifter, linkage, console parts, pedal assembly, clutch fluid reservoir, mounts and possibly axles, what else would you need for the swap besides some custom ECU and BCM tuning?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

^ LOL, that's not enough?

Don't remember who, but there was a member on here years ago that put an F40 into a Buick Riviera. There was alot of cutting from what I remember of his progression.
                        Last edited by Rannin Ravensight; 09-24-2012, 05:54 PM.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
                          FYI the F40 WILL bolt up to the 3.6 as will any other GM 60* V6 tranny the bolt pattern is the same across the board for the most part, but i dont know what else would fit or not....particularly the axles and flywheel/clutch assembly.......
                          so with this being said i assume you mean the f40 can also bolt up to an lx9?

Comment

Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight View Post
                            ^ LOL, that's not enough?

Don't remember who, but there was a member on here years ago that put an F40 into a Buick Riviera. There was alot of cutting from what I remember of his progression.
                            theres also a post on here where somone swapped an f40 into a v6 alero lol i wasnt to fond of it but it was different and kind of cool nonetheless lol

Comment

Originally posted by flylikag6 View Post
                              so with this being said i assume you mean the f40 can also bolt up to an lx9?
                              achem.. **clearing throat so all can hear**

The F40 WILL bolt to ANY G6 motor. Will it fit where its supposed to? Maybe not. but without a doubt, it will bolt up..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                                achem.. **clearing throat so all can hear**

The F40 WILL bolt to ANY G6 motor. Will it fit where its supposed to? Maybe not. but without a doubt, it will bolt up..
                                I didn't hear you, what was that?
                                sigpic
                                MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

Working...
                                X