new rotors and pads, pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rotors and pads, pic

Figured out what i needed and orderd a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors. All from ebay, have some bimmer friends who have orderd from the same seller so i think its safe.

stoptech zinc rotors I believe. Price was right, 300 for front and rear with brake pads shipped to my door, local auto parts stores were twice the price. Front ate rotors and pads came to 300!!!!! noo thank you.

(generic picture)

get rid of the warble warble shake when the brake pedal is pushed at pretty much any speed.

Re: new rotors and pads, pic

And this required a whole new thread why?
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

meh.. 300?

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

$300 for 4 rotors and pads? I see warpage and squealing brakes soon

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Yeah, when it comes to getting good brakes friend, money is no object. But if they work good for you, then who are we to argue?
          Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
          Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

The rotors look kinda thin but owell they'll look nice and hopefully perform good.
            Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

my thoughts were the same for the money, but its for a slowly driven 2.4 sedan my gf uses, local parts stores were bare bones and pricey as hell, if its too good to be true, Ill know soon. never had the balls to buy something with that small of a price tag. (I'm a big ebc fan) 300$ if they last even a year its fine wont bug me, the stockers are warped after 98,000km cant get much worse then that.

And they shouldn't be that thin, its a file photo, my friends set for his m3 are putting up with some serious abuse.

keep those who care posted.

Comment

The rear rotors are thinner due to non vented. The fronts are vented and thicker. The rotors look good, hope they work out for you.
                Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

I have around 3K(give or take)on my Ebay specials. My only complaint so far...the pads kick a lot of dust,mainly the rears..which is a bit odd..
                  Maybe I got a bad batch of pads..I dunno? I'm going to swap em out for some Red Stuff here today or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X