• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC Ultimax Sport Rotors - USR Style & Duralast Gold Brake Pads

Brand: EBC / Duralast
    Price: 192$ W/ Shipping / 35$
    Purchased From: Ebay / Autozone

Installation: (Use easy, moderate, involved, or difficult) Easiest install I've done yet
    Installation Time: 1 and 1/2 Hours
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Read this walk through http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8023. Also, the inner brake pad is a beyotch to slide in the housing, and that's natural.

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10 (So far, will update)
    Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10
    Would you Recommend to Others: Most definitely. The EBC Rotors seem to be really high quality, but I truly can't comment until 2,000 miles later or so.

Any Other Comments:

The braking quality is unbelievable with these ceramic pad and slotted rotor combo. Some jack*** pulled stomped on the brakes in front of me so I had a really good testing opportunity unfortunately.
    Last edited by ImperialBlue; 08-12-2012, 07:38 PM.

Re: EBC Ultimax Sport Rotors - USR Style & Duralast Gold Brake Pads

So how are these holding up? Did they rust up or are they still looking great?

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
    Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

I have the exact ones, and they are holding up just fine

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Warped after a year. I'm just going to buy sets off of eBay every time I need a set. I quickly realized this cars braking set-up is doomed to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by ImperialBlue View Post
          Warped after a year. I'm just going to buy sets off of eBay every time I need a set. I quickly realized this cars braking set-up is doomed to failure.
          I have been using the same R1 e-line rotors since 09 and I don't have a single bit of warping, only reason I want to replace mine is due to the rust making them look like garbage with my new rims.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.

Comment

+1 for R1 e-line

Comment

+1 for R1 e-line
              Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Can someone snap a photo of their EBC rotors after some usage? I'm probably going to replace mine next summer to get rid of the rusty e-line rotors but I want something that's not going to rust up like these did.

Comment

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Thanks sir! They still look like they have some rust on them =(

Comment

yah they do, but I abuse these rotors. and my car sits outside all the time.

Comment

does anyone have any recommendations for rotors that wont rust towards the center area around the hub...I don't need any performance rotors, just ones that won't rust after a month of use

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17 View Post
                          does anyone have any recommendations for rotors that wont rust towards the center area around the hub...I don't need any performance rotors, just ones that won't rust after a month of use
                          Just pick up some unpainted rotors, then pick up a can of the black hi temp grill paint and spray that hats with it. Its always worked for me
                          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

My new wheels will be here in a couple of days and im about due for some rotors. I'm liking the grill paint idea. Sounds like a pretty goof winner to me as long as it rust resistant. Hardest part will be getting the stupid amount of oil off the rotor so the paint will stick.
                            2008 Pontiac G6 Base "Nothing Out Of The Ordinary"
                            2008 Ford Edge

My Progression

Comment

Originally posted by Dopey85 View Post
                              My new wheels will be here in a couple of days and im about due for some rotors. I'm liking the grill paint idea. Sounds like a pretty goof winner to me as long as it rust resistant. Hardest part will be getting the stupid amount of oil off the rotor so the paint will stick.
                              I would use Gunk Brake Cleaner, that stuff is amazing. I would also check out engine paint or Rust-Oleum high temp paint.

Comment

Working...
                              X