Transmission Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Compatibility

Would the 6T70 transmission out of a 2009 Malibu work just fine in my 2007 G6 that has a 6T70?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Re: Transmission Compatibility

It should work just fine. they wouldn't have altered the transmission for the two models.
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

fit yes.. work.. well.. probably.. research you must

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

what does everyone thing of the 6sp??? I found a brand new unit for sale for 900 bucks..... i wanna buy because i used to have a 6spd beamer and i loved it

Comment

isn't your trans description wrong in your prof? you have a 4 spd trans if you are an 06 GTP (quite sure that is all they came with correct me if im wrong)

As for the 6 spd man they were decent to my knowledge
          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

**MABEY** all the 07 GTPs i have seen apart have had 3 bolt flywheels/ torque converters and sealed transmissions....... all GXPs i have seen apart have had unsealed transmissions where the axles go in, and 4 bolt flywheels/TCs when i looked up the serial number for my trans when i saw it had 4 bolts rather than 3 it came back as a 6T75 with the 6T70 final drive ration so who knows...

id say youd want to get one out of an 07 vehicle or you risk having to change the axles and flywheel/TC

Comment

If the new trans comes with the flywheel/tq converter, would those be able to stay on that trans and bolt up? As far as the axles go, would it matter if it was sealed or not?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
                If the new trans comes with the flywheel/tq converter, would those be able to stay on that trans and bolt up? As far as the axles go, would it matter if it was sealed or not?
                new trans would not come with the flywheel, are you getting NEW or "new" (used but low miles) if your getting "new" then itd prob come with the Tq converter, and i believe the axles are different as the no sealed ones should be longer than the sealed, and there is 2 different option codes for the axles 1 for 07 and 1 for 08+

Comment

Used with low miles. They would probably include the converter. Would the flywheel bolt right up?

Comment

Used with low miles. They would probably include the converter. Would the flywheel bolt right up?
                    not gonna say for sure but theres a good chance ur gonna need to get a new flywheel and new axles all the 07s ive seen have a 3bolt flywheel-TC and all the 08+ ive seen have a 4 bolt flywheel to TC

Comment

I think I may just find a really cheap 07 and send it off to that place that builds them. Did anyone ever find out how much they charge if you send them one versus buying one straight out from them?

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
                        **MABEY** all the 07 GTPs i have seen apart have had 3 bolt flywheels/ torque converters and sealed transmissions....... all GXPs i have seen apart have had unsealed transmissions where the axles go in, and 4 bolt flywheels/TCs when i looked up the serial number for my trans when i saw it had 4 bolts rather than 3 it came back as a 6T75 with the 6T70 final drive ration so who knows...

id say youd want to get one out of an 07 vehicle or you risk having to change the axles and flywheel/TC
                        well i have an 07 gtp and its not a sealed trans. if the gear ratios are different they will obviously shift at different speeds and our shift the same.

Comment

i take it your tranmission went out??

Comment

Originally posted by BL07GTP View Post
                            well i have an 07 gtp and its not a sealed trans. if the gear ratios are different they will obviously shift at different speeds and our shift the same.
                            ya yours is a sealed trans, and your case isnt as beefy as mine id know as i put ur mmis in and the tcm controls the shift speeds so gear ratio wouldnt nessisarilly affect the shft speeds...... not to mention as i stated i confirmed thru serial number mine was indeed a 6t75 with the 70 differential......as the 70/75 has the exact same gear ratios the only difference is the 75 is stronger and has a 3.16 differential rather than a 2.77

Comment

Originally posted by BL07GTP View Post
                              i take it your tranmission went out??
                              No but it did before. So I was going to have one ready for backup.

Comment

Working...
                              X