Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transmission Compatibility

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
    ya yours is a sealed trans, and your case isnt as beefy as mine id know as i put ur mmis in and the tcm controls the shift speeds so gear ratio wouldnt nessisarilly affect the shft speeds...... not to mention as i stated i confirmed thru serial number mine was indeed a 6t75 with the 70 differential......as the 70/75 has the exact same gear ratios the only difference is the 75 is stronger and has a 3.16 differential rather than a 2.77
    what is your trans out of?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
      what is your trans out of?
      g6 gxp its my stock trans ive had it on no tq managment for 300+ track runs and about 40k miles with absolutely no problems at all

Comment

I realize tgis thred is old but I was curious on trans compatibilty between engines I.e. 6t70 bolt to a 3.5? Shear curiousity....what about the 4t45 and the 4t65? Interchangeable? Looked and searched but couldnt find, sorry if its a repost. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HJJ103 View Post
          I realize tgis thred is old but I was curious on trans compatibilty between engines I.e. 6t70 bolt to a 3.5? Shear curiousity....what about the 4t45 and the 4t65? Interchangeable? Looked and searched but couldnt find, sorry if its a repost. Thanks!
          im pretty sure their not.. but these guys can confirm that.

Comment

Im going to preform CPR and bring this thread back. I have a 06 GTP with a 4t65 trans. My trans is going out and I have about a month left. I was looking at getting a 6t70 or 6t75 which ever will fit. Can anyone confirm that it will work and fit?

Comment

if you throw enough money at it.. it will work and perform flawlessly

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

The bolt pattern should be the same. Need someone to confirm. The biggest problem is the programation. Plus, the 6 speed trannies has an integrated TCM (I think) versus the 4 speed trannies that has an external TCM located somewhere else in the engine bay. I don't know about the compatibility of the flywheel and the input shaft.

Comment

Working...
                X