• Show
Clear All

Re: BMD Performance Front Adjustable End Links

interested if price is low enough
    "Fcuk it ...Thug Life"

CARDOMAIN

Comment

Liking the interest so far guys! As for pricing if everybody interested so far committed, we would probably be looking at $115 shipped. Id like to go lower assumming we can get more people, but considering the interest so far after only one day, I think its looking real good! ;-)

Originally posted by monstORR View Post
      Interested.. The question is do i really need them =p
      As for if you really need them or not. The problem is two fold with the stock endlinks. They are way too flimsy for our cars and they are the incorrect length to keep the sway bar properly aligned. I'll get up some photos and a better explanation when i get a chance later tonight.
      Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

"As for if you really need them or not. The problem is two fold with the stock endlinks. They are way too flimsy for our cars and they are the incorrect length to keep the sway bar properly aligned. I'll get up some photos and a better explanation when i get a chance later tonight."
        Wondering the same thing... Pics and an explainsion would be awesome!
        Performance
        CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
        Platinum Apex Rims ( 18x8 ), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles, (Chrome)

Audio
        2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
        600watt Sony X-plod Amp

On the list:
        Window tint
        Glasspack

Comment

As promised, here ya go guys! More explanation as to the two problems the stock endlinks suffer from. 1) They are too thin & 2) They are the incorrect length. See below for further explanation…

1)
          The stock endlinks are way too flimsyyy. Take it off your car and try to bend it by hand, I think youll be surprised by how much they flex. Now imagine how much our 3500lb cars can flex them during cornering. Ever have that vague feeling going into a turn before your car sets its stance and becomes composed? By stopping the flex in the endlinks this can be eliminated. See how much beefier our endlinks are in the pic below.

2)
          Also the stock endlinks are the incorrect length for optimum sway bar geometry.
          Time for some physics talk…

Ideally the moment arm of the sway bar should be parallel to control arms (& therefore road surface). The moment arm is the line from the center of the sway bar bushing to the point where the force is applied to the sway bar. As you get further away from parallel in either direction, the component vector of the force acting to torque the bar becomes less and less and the vector acting to deflect the bar increases. Since transferring the force from one wheel to another requires the bar to rotate, we need to maximize the torque on the bar by keeping the moment arm parallel to the control arm.

The stock endlinks are the incorrect length and do not hold the moment arm parallel as seen in the picture below (blue line is the moment arm, red line is the control arm). This reduces sway bar effectiveness and therefore increases body roll.

Our endlinks are the correct length to keep the moment arm parallel, as seen in the picture below (blue line is the moment arm, red line is the control arm). This increases sway bar effectiveness and therefore reduces body roll. In addition they are fully adjustable in length, so that this optimum position can still be maintained if the vehicle is lowered.

… Ends physics talk lol

But hopefully this helps to explain the benefits our endlinks offer over stock and answers questions anybody has. Feel free to keep the questions coming. Thanks guys!
          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

With the stock endlinks, the car lets you know when its not going to make it through the corner if you maintain your current speed, and easily recovers by simply easing up on the throttle a little. Will putting stiffer end links make it less forgiving? I understand that it will make responsiveness in corners much better, but once I break the skidpad, will I be able to regain traction as easily?
            My Progression

Comment

I'm interested

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Nancy View Post
                With the stock endlinks, the car lets you know when its not going to make it through the corner if you maintain your current speed, and easily recovers by simply easing up on the throttle a little. Will putting stiffer end links make it less forgiving? I understand that it will make responsiveness in corners much better, but once I break the skidpad, will I be able to regain traction as easily?
                The good thing about FWD cars is that in almost all cases easing up on the throttle will let you regain control. I’ve been running the endlinks on my own car for a couple thousand miles so far and have never had an issue.

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Do you plan on making the new endlinks different colors, or are you going to keep them silver?
                  Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
                  CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
                  AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Echidna View Post
                    Do you plan on making the new endlinks different colors, or are you going to keep them silver?
                    Plan on keeping them plain. Reason being to go out and get them powdercoated would just add additional time to wait for them and would add to the cost of them. Theyre made from hardened aluminum though so corrosion isnt going to affect them at all. On mine i can just wipe off the dirt kicked up on them with a rag and they look good as new.

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Interested depending on price....gotta change my end links soon too.
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I'm Interested
                        My Progression

Mods:
                        Custom Lower Grill, Racingline STB, Silver Emblem Overlays,
                        De-badge, Brembo Brakes, 18" MB Wheels Essen,
                        Leather Steering Wheel, BMD End Links, Painted Recessed Upper Grills,
                        Eagle Eye Headlights, 6K Low/Fogs, 35% Tint,
                        Front/Rear Seat LEDs, Glove Box LEDs, Center Consol LEDs,
                        CRABs, Racingline Grounding Kit, Relocated Battery Under Headlight,
                        LED Taillights, LED Third Brake Light, Custom 2.5" Dual Exhaust

Comment

I'm interested
                          CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

With all this interest ... I bet that price is coming down
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe interested. Depending on time and price. Will this require an alighnment?
                              sigpic
                              MY PROGRESSION:
                              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by 06 6SPD View Post
                                With all this interest ... I bet that price is coming down
                                Looking real good so far!

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post
                                Maybe interested. Depending on time and price. Will this require an alighnment?
                                Nope no alignment necessary when changing endlinks

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Working...
                                X