Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

theshibbykumquat's Progression (Brembos Pg. 2!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: theshibbykumquat's Progression

Originally posted by Trompii View Post
    I love how the front grill is...black on black, did you do it yourself or did it come like that...if you did, could you tell me the steps on how I would achieve this?
    Plastidip, comes out real nice and still looks good as new. Just pop off your grills, rub it down with alcohol, and spray away. I also did my window trim with it, and i think theres a some pictures of my grills in that thread too, clicky!
    Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Love it....5*****...keep up to good work
      sigpic
      Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

How much were the springs and I can't wait to see them on
        Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Originally posted by slpg6 View Post
          How much were the springs and I can't wait to see them on
          From a couple posts up...

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
          I got the whole set for about $310 shipped.
          CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Finally got around to installing the Pedders when I got home today. My advice to anybody trying to install springs is that air tools are a must, good luck trying to get the nut off the top of the strut mount without an impact.

First two pictures are the ride height before installing, front was riding about 25”, rear was at 25”.

Here’s some pictures comparing the front and rear springs

And the front and rear springs installed

Here’s the ride heights after installing, about 24” at the front, and 24” at the rear

Here’s before and after shots from the side of the car, taken on two different days, so the angle isn’t the same, but from measuring the drop is about 1” all the way around. The measurements were taken right after the install though so I have a feeling they’ll settle out a bit over the next week or so. And I’ll update with more pictures and measurements once they settle in.

Before

After

Overall impression of the springs is awesome. The ride is definitely firmer, but by no means harsh at all. Front end dive under heavy breaking is virtually eliminated, and squat under acceleration is greatly reduced. Around corners the car is FLAT, there’s nearly no body lean. You can easily toss the car around and it responds much quicker, feels like the car weighs half as much. When cruising down normal roads the ride isn’t bad at all, I don’t think a passenger would realize anything different. There is more road noise transmitted, but that’s to be expected, and totally worth the handling. I bought this spring as a performance spring, not a drop spring, and it has done just that, if the springs settle a little lower then that’s just an added bonus.

For those who are interested, the Pedders springs don’t rely on coil bind like most other springs. With other springs, especially in the rear springs, you have a bunch of dead coils touching eachother stacked up on the bottom. They usually have only a few active coils that are actually working. Below are pictures of the Pedders on my car, with the suspension fully loaded. You’ll realize that up front, and even in the back there are no dead coils. I have about 5 active coils in the rear, as opposed to most other brands of springs where you’ll have 1-3. This lets the whole spring be used, which keeps the ride from getting too harsh as more coils bind, allows you to keep a range of travel in your suspension, and isn’t as bouncy.

Also, here’s my next project I’m going to be working on, as well as upgrading my HIDs to 55w for my lows.

Last edited by theshibbykumquat; 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM.
              Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Nice brembos! I want me a set.... dont think ill have the 650ish laying around anytime soon :P
                sigpic

Mods: eBay Intake (is actually pretty good), Canuck Motorsports springs, BMD Endlinks, Debadged, HIDs (8000k Lows, 3000k fogs), Dome/Map/License LEDs, Painted Upper grills, Black Arrow Overlays, Racingline STB
                Future Mods: Exhaust, MMI, WAMS tune.
                Stylez G6 Progression

Comment

Re: theshibbykumquat's Progression (Pedders Pg. 2!)

Originally posted by Stylez View Post
                  Nice brembos! I want me a set.... dont think ill have the 650ish laying around anytime soon :P
                  Camp out the Cobalt forums or ebay! I picked up the calipers, rotors, pin kits, and pads all brand new for 520 shipped, bye bye warped rotors!

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Looking good and nice write up on the springs as well!
                    WAMS 91 tune,
                    Racingline MMI's
                    Chrome Intakes CAI (custom true ram air to come)
                    35% side tint, 20% rear, 5% strip
                    Debadged except GXP emblems
                    Tinted tails
                    Spyder tinted lights (complete rebuild + 4 projectors in design stage)
                    DDM 5k HID Low's
                    Polk 5000.5 amp, 12" Polk DXI sub, Pioneer 4way 6x9's. (complete system replacement soon)

Comment

Glad to see you got them installed, turned out pretty good!
                      2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                      2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post

Overall impression of the springs is awesome. The ride is definitely firmer, but by no means harsh at all. Front end dive under heavy breaking is virtually eliminated, and squat under acceleration is greatly reduced. Around corners the car is FLAT, there’s nearly no body lean. You can easily toss the car around and it responds much quicker, feels like the car weighs half as much. When cruising down normal roads the ride isn’t bad at all, I don’t think a passenger would realize anything different. There is more road noise transmitted, but that’s to be expected, and totally worth the handling. I bought this spring as a performance spring, not a drop spring, and it has done just that, if the springs settle a little lower then that’s just an added bonus.

For those who are interested, the Pedders springs don’t rely on coil bind like most other springs. With other springs, especially in the rear springs, you have a bunch of dead coils touching eachother stacked up on the bottom. They usually have only a few active coils that are actually working. Below are pictures of the Pedders on my car, with the suspension fully loaded. You’ll realize that up front, and even in the back there are no dead coils. I have about 5 active coils in the rear, as opposed to most other brands of springs where you’ll have 1-3. This lets the whole spring be used, which keeps the ride from getting too harsh as more coils bind, allows you to keep a range of travel in your suspension, and isn’t as bouncy.

On the same topic Bryant do the Eibach Pro's have "dead coils"? - I picked up a set for $50 from a Former G6'er whom traded in his G6 for a Honda Si before he had a chance to install them.

Will I see a performance increase as-well as the drop it say it will do? - Right now my stock rears and Monroe front are so wobbly and squishy sometimes I wonder if these coil from the quick-struts are just extremely poor quality or I'm just feeling things and going crazy.

The Coil stack at the bottom of this spring, is this what you refer to as "dead coils" - I thought Eibach's were a balance of a performance/lower spring, correct me if I'm wrong.

Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Those would be considered dead springs, basically just taking up space while the top is doing the work. Having dead springs doesn't always mean they aren't good though.
                          WAMS 91 tune,
                          Racingline MMI's
                          Chrome Intakes CAI (custom true ram air to come)
                          35% side tint, 20% rear, 5% strip
                          Debadged except GXP emblems
                          Tinted tails
                          Spyder tinted lights (complete rebuild + 4 projectors in design stage)
                          DDM 5k HID Low's
                          Polk 5000.5 amp, 12" Polk DXI sub, Pioneer 4way 6x9's. (complete system replacement soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
                            On the same topic Bryant do the Eibach Pro's have "dead coils"? - I picked up a set for $50 from a Former G6'er whom traded in his G6 for a Honda Si before he had a chance to install them.

Will I see a performance increase as-well as the drop it say it will do? - Right now my stock rears and Monroe front are so wobbly and squishy sometimes I wonder if these coil from the quick-struts are just extremely poor quality or I'm just feeling things and going crazy.

The Coil stack at the bottom of this spring, is this what you refer to as "dead coils" - I thought Eibach's were a balance of a performance/lower spring, correct me if I'm wrong.
                            My guess is those ones on the bottom bind once theyre loaded. The Eibachs seem fine though, still seem to have like 3-4 working coils. The real problem is when springs have so many dead coils that youre only left with 1 or 2 working coils, the progressive spring rate will just go up too fast and it gets harsh over bumps. And as Rcb said dead coils arent necessarily bad, Eibachs are a good spring.

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

While everybody else was out shopping yesterday, I finally had some time to throw on my Brembos! And lots of pictures for you guys!

If any of you need 5mm spacers definetely pick these up cuz theyre a steal, got them for $72 for all four from crate engine depot. Needed them so my rims would clear the calipers.

Heres the calipers primed after I sanded them down

And then shot them with blue metallic

Heres all dry after the clear coat, love how the color came out!

And then after I applied the decals

Laying with the rotors, painted the hats and edges so they wouldnt rust up on me

Also shot some paint onto the spacers since I still had some leftover

And finally some pics of the finished product...

Basically after burnishing the pads and rotors and taking these bad boys for a drive, all I gotta say is that theyre amazing! My old rotors were warped pretty badly so anything is an improvement, these new brakes are smooth as can be!

The OEM pads on these are great btw! Pad compound is Ferodo HP1000, same compound used on the CTS-V, Ferrari, and other high end cars. Although theyre a little dusty, they do some serious work!

Between the brembos, pads, and stainless brake lines the car literally stops on a dime! Definetely pick these up if you can!

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

I don't think I'll pay that much for just a inch of drop, but props on the brembos they look awesome.
                                Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X