Volant cai review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volant cai review

Okay the bad first- 1. Horrible instructions 2. Some bolts didn't fit perfect 3. Finally it's a big pain in the a$$ to fit everything together.

Now the good- 1. Gained 12 hp and 4 ftlbs of torque 2. throttle response is amazing changes the feel of the car 3. You kill 2 birds with one stone cause you got to take out the intake resonator for the volant air box 4. Sounds amazing 5. And it looks so sexy under the hood of the g6.

All together it was well worth every penny and all the stress.

If you purchase this product I recomend having a friend to help out for the fitting.
    Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Re: Volant cai review

Originally posted by slpg6 View Post
    Now the good- 1. Gained 12 hp and 4 ftlbs of torque
    Did you actually dyno before and after or are those just numbers you made up?
    Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LED map/dome/mirror/trunk/license/reverse lights

Comment

I dynoed before I got my catback and dynoed after the intake today I can't remember the exact numbers but The shop subtracted how much they thaught I gained from the catback and the rest is the numbers i gained with the intake. So its an educated guess lol.
      Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

PICS!!
        Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
        CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
        AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Originally posted by slpg6 View Post
          I dynoed before I got my catback and dynoed after the intake today I can't remember the exact numbers but The shop subtracted how much they thaught I gained from the catback and the rest is the numbers i gained with the intake. So its an educated guess lol.
          Very scientific!
          Chris White
          http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
          2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
          2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
          2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
          2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
          2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by Echidna View Post
            PICS!!
            This!!!
            Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

Comment

if the pics didnt show up i got them in one of my albums on my profile.

Comment

The only thing I dont like about them is they are a black sealed box just like your stocker.
                  Not very attractive & they are huge.
                  The good thing about them is their front pipe removes all the indents etc that the stocker has
                  so thats good.

Also 20-40 bucks cheaper than a full crab setup.
                  Attached Files
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Ya at first glimpse the box looks stock but put them beside each other your like woah it's a beast lol. I like the volant plate on the box too lol. Plus I got mine for $240 with jegs price check so it was a great deal .

Comment

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                        I forgot to tell you thnx for the decals they look great on the car.

Comment

I ordered mine from 4wheel online only paid $274.00 shipped so got a pretty good deal. But one problem after another, I placed my order on june 3rd and didn't get the CAI until july 8th. I guess Volant had to have the duct made because they are discontinuing the CAI for the g6. So when I finally got it I put the filter together, Wow it was a pain in the a$$ to get all the washers and nuts on with very little room to work with I also had to go to the local hardware to get smaller diameter washers because the ones the unit came with were too big and pressed against the rubber on the inside as well as over hung the rubber seal on the outside. So fixed that and got in tight together. Then they had two holes drilled to remount the AC line which my ac line only had one pine tree fastener so back to the hardware to get a large enough pine tree to plug the hole. The final problem is on the duct itself, mine had a plastic stem that was wide open????? I called Volant and asked them why they had a wide open stem on the duct that would just draw unfiltered air directly into the engine and they told me my breather hose connected to it. I have the 2006 3500 v6 and only have one hose that goes in the top of the duct near the throttle body and seals with the rubber grommet. so Im waiting on the cap from volant to seal that stem off now!!!!! I sure hope this is worth it, I love my G6 hell I even built these cars at GM, cant believe we got rid of them with the crap were building now. Well soon I hope the Volant will find its home, soon.........
                          Last edited by jeff311; 07-15-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Ya it was a pain I had all the same problems. For the stem I just put a vacuum cap over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                              The only thing I dont like about them is they are a black sealed box just like your stocker.
                              Not very attractive & they are huge.
                              The good thing about them is their front pipe removes all the indents etc that the stocker has
                              so thats good.

Also 20-40 bucks cheaper than a full crab setup.
                              Its a lot larger which helps produce better airflow, Its made out of polyethylene which helps to cut back the amount of engine heat absorbed into the system unlike the cheap and brittle stock box. Same goes with the duct.

Comment

Working...
                              X