Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volant cai review

Originally posted by slpg6 View Post
    Ya it was a pain I had all the same problems. For the stem I just put a vacuum cap over it.
    Didn't think about the vac cap, thanks. Still have to remove the damn resonator. Think im gonna go through the passenger side wheel well. How did you remove yours? One more thing, The bolt and washers used to secure the box to the car was there a access point or did you have to get under the fender to do that? Just wanted to make sure so I don't put the wheel well back together and run into another problem. Thanks a lot in advance and wish me luck \m/ next step magnaflow exhaust and jet performance Power Control Module Stage 2.
    Last edited by jeff311; 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff311 View Post
      Didn't think about the vac cap, thanks. Still have to remove the damn resonator. Think im gonna go through the passenger side wheel well. How did you remove yours? One more thing, The bolt and washers used to secure the box to the car was there a access point or did you have to get under the fender to do that? Just wanted to make sure so I don't put the wheel well back together and run into another problem. Thanks a lot in advance and wish me luck \m/ next step magnaflow exhaust and jet performance Power Control Module Stage 2.
      I took my resonator out from the passenger side and you got to bolt the box from under the fender. And cool bud you'll love the magnaflow sound.
      Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Cant wait to get this done!!!!! Cheers

Comment

I like that the tube from the intake is one piece and black so it doesn't stand out but damn I guess I didn't realize that CAI for the 6 were so costly.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
          Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

I'm actually selling mine for $100 plus shipping. It's already put together so it's ready to go in.
            Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Under $300.00 is a pretty good deal, a lot of places are charging up to $380.00. I would jump on slpg6s offer sounds good.

Comment

I already did. =) I wasn't really thinking about a CAI because I figure it can't be that much better than the stock box plus a K&N filter but that's a heck of a deal. When I get a little money I might buy some insulation for the pipe and side of the box. It might not look as nice but good lord the stock pipe gets hot.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.

Comment

So I got mine from slpg6 and finally got it all installed (that was a pain in the ass)and I was curious if yours makes any noticeable noise and if so, when? I can't say if it was an improvement over the stock box and the K&N but I'm sure it is, of course I need to get new line holders that plug in the side, the ones I have are WAAAAAAAAAY too big so I wonder if they changed them up for smaller ones that I could pick up.

Does anyone even with a crabs know if you can buy a rubber hose for the top portion that plugs into the engine? The one I have is a hard plastic and is molded to go a certain way so I had to maneuver it over some wires and it's not sitting flush which bothers me.

Comment

Comment

It looks good bud and ya I had to do the same to the rubber hose but I took it off and plugged it up to the intake first then plugged the other end back up so it would be more flush it wasn't perfect but it worked and was fine. As for sound you will here the intake between 4500-6000 rpms.

Comment

Thanks and thanks again! Yeah, I'm hearing it at much lower RPM.. I wonder if that's not what I'm hearing. I'll have to take it for another drive tomorrow alone and listen.

Comment

What problems did you run into dex during install??? Finally got the stupid cap from Volant and taking Friday off to finally get this thing in!!!!!!!!! What kinda sound are you hearing? Thanks man and good luck

Comment

The problem was the cooling line hitting one of the pulleys, I was unable to use the clips that were on my lines as they were WAY too big and according to the dealership they are they same for all of the years so I'm not sure what I should do about using the actual clips. I grabbed some zipties and used those to hold the line to the box and the noise went away, it's a ghetto fix but it works for the time being. I emailed Volant on the 20th and they still have yet to get back to me (I was initially going to try and purchase a new cover since the one Gage sold was scratched ) I just want to know what the heck to do with these clips.. I'm fine with zip ties I guess, nobody ever looks under my hood anyway but when they do I'm not a huge fan of having things ghetto rigged!

Good luck getting it in, my suggestion would be to jack up the passenger front so you have more room to screw the nut on the bottom screw. That was probably the only real big issue I ran into since I was trying to do it while it was on the ground. I'd throw the little foam piece that keeps the stock airbox on the bottom of the volant too, helped with a little bit of wiggling noise I had. It was a pain in the ass to install but it seems like it was worth it!

Comment

Thanks a lot brother, Damn I just want to get this over with lol! Ya I had to get a pine tree fastener to plug one of the holes on the side of my Volant, My ac line only has one clip??? But thanks for the info I will have to check the size of the pine tree on the clip and the hole on the Volant. I will ream the hole to make it bigger if I have to. Keeping the foam piece also makes sense as well, damn I hope my car makes it 100k more miles but changing the power core filter would be a nightmare, you'd have to take the whole box out!!!! Hmm you didn't jack it up, Did you go through the wheel well with the tire on and if so was the resonator a pain to remove?
                              Last edited by jeff311; 07-30-2013, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Sorry that I havnt responded in a awhile but dex I did the same thing with the cooling line I just zip tied it.

Comment

Working...
                                X