Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird question about my G6, what exactly do I have???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird question about my G6, what exactly do I have???

I'm asking because my car is a 2007 G6 GT coupe, but the engine/ transmission is the 3.9/6 speed combo. It also has the dual exhaust rear valance that i've only seen on the GXP/GTP models. Most other G6GT's ive seen, including a friend of mine's, are 3.5/Auto models. and hers has the single outlet exhaust too..

Everything on mine indicates it's a GTP, but I know it's a GT. Is it some weird option package or something??? Thanx for any and all info.

-= 2007 Pontiac G6 GT - 6-Speed M/T - Stock for now =-
    -= 2005 Pontiac Sunfire Turbo - 347.4 Horsepower 387.9 Torque =-

Re: Weird question about my G6, what exactly do I have???

I'm sure it's just a package..I know some GTs had the street edition package but I don't think that's what you have.
    Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

You have the gt sport package which basically makes it a gtp there's another white one on here like yours
      Get out the way!

to many things to list and also change my mind way to much to actually tell people lol

Comment

The gt sport package was offered in 2007 as an upgrad which gives you the manual transmission and the 3.9 v6. It also also give you PAINTED (gtp's are polished) 18 inch 5 spoke rims, and heated leather seat with 6 way adjustable seat and the dual exhaust. I think I have the factory sticker somewhere I'll get it out and take a picture
        sigpic
        MY PROGRESSION:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by becksmerc View Post
          You have the gt sport package which basically makes it a gtp there's another white one on here like yours
          Thanks for the intro!
          sigpic
          MY PROGRESSION:

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post
            The gt sport package was offered in 2007 as an upgrad which gives you the manual transmission and the 3.9 v6. It also also give you PAINTED (gtp's are polished) 18 inch 5 spoke rims, and heated leather seat with 6 way adjustable seat and the dual exhaust. I think I have the factory sticker somewhere I'll get it out and take a picture
            Yeah, mine has the 18" painted wheels, and dual exhaust. (The tips actually shine now after polishing!!! I don't think theyve ever been cleaned before I got the car!!!!) But I have cloth interior/ non-heated seats. I'd love to see the pic though.

Comment

its a 06 GTP rebadged and marketed as a 07 GT sport package. all it is, is the last of the 06's when they phased out the 3.9L and GTP model for the 3.6L GXP. also the 06 GTPs came with painted or polished 18" rims

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Hey Roofy glad to see you over here from JBO!
                2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by Roofy View Post
                  Yeah, mine has the 18" painted wheels, and dual exhaust. (The tips actually shine now after polishing!!! I don't think theyve ever been cleaned before I got the car!!!!) But I have cloth interior/ non-heated seats. I'd love to see the pic though.

Maybe heated leather was part of the sun and sound package. Ill get a picture the the window sticker up today
                  sigpic
                  MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
                    its a 06 GTP rebadged and marketed as a 07 GT sport package. all it is, is the last of the 06's when they phased out the 3.9L and GTP model for the 3.6L GXP. also the 06 GTPs came with painted or polished 18" rims
                    I'm guessing this as well. All of the '07 GTs around here (including mine) have the 3.5L auto with single exhaust.
                    Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
                    CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
                    AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Well according to Compnine, my car is one of 9,824 GT 2 door coupes made in 2007 model year. And of those, only 376 were the "GT Sport" models with 6-speed/3.9 combo!!!! Talk about rare!!!!!

Oh, and also, there are only 2 other ones built just like it.

[Quoting from another thread]
                      Originally posted by Neatong6er
                      In 2007 they offered the GT with a sports package that included the painted GTP rims and a 3.9L engine with a 6 speed tranny. They upgraded the engine in the 2007 GTP to a 3.6L.

The 2007 GT w/sports package are very rare. There was only like 3 of them produced in the Orion, Michigan plant. Mine was one...
                      Maybe yours and mine are two of the 3 built like this?????

Comment

easiest way to figure it out is to decode your VIN. it will tell you exactly when it was built

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I'm sure all three were built in the same run at the Orion plant.
                          sigpic
                          MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post
                            I'm sure all three were built in the same run at the Orion plant.
                            Mine was built August 3, 2006. It's a VERY early 07 model.

Comment

mine was a very early 06. I bought my 2006 GTP in Aug of 2005 haha

Comment

Working...
                              X