Transmission Fluid Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transmission Fluid Change

Serious question here. If anyone has the G6 GXP they can help greatly appreciated.
    SO I have a 08 g6 gxp a little over 100k now, car runs and shifts fine. I dont know if the previous owner every changed tranny fluid or not, I did have a service guy check it said the color seemed ok, didnt have a funny smell or anything but he recommeded a flush sooner or later.

Comment

IIRC maintenance schedule says to replace it at 100k, so you should probably do it sooner or later
      Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Since I've had the car, I started doing transmission flushes at 50k miles and have done them so far every 20k miles. So far I've done 3 so far and the dealership says my transmission shows no signs of wear as my pan has had zero metal shavings. As of today my transmission has 103,560 miles on her yet my engine only has 46,245 miles on her.

Every single time I feel the difference in the transmission, hence why I got a transmission cooler, I plan on having my car for a couple more years. I normally do 40k a year in mileage so I will take all measure possible to maintain her.
        Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
          Since I've had the car, I started doing transmission flushes at 50k miles and have done them so far every 20k miles. So far I've done 3 so far and the dealership says my transmission shows no signs of wear as my pan has had zero metal shavings. As of today my transmission has 103,560 miles on her yet my engine only has 46,245 miles on her.

Every single time I feel the difference in the transmission, hence why I got a transmission cooler, I plan on having my car for a couple more years. I normally do 40k a year in mileage so I will take all measure possible to maintain her.

do you do your own transmisson fluid change???

Comment

I bring it to the dealership and give them a filter each time. I'll change pretty much everything myself, however I leave transmission flushes to the dealership, they got the proper tools. Plus if they fuck it up they have to fix it.
            Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

how much did they charge?

Comment

mine only charges me $125 now. when I did it the 1st time they charged me $200 flat, but they have realized I take really good car of my car so they give me a discount. Their a nice dealership most of the time.

Comment

So at my 100K mark is a flush entilted or will a change work?

Comment

Originally posted by AnconaGT View Post
                    So at my 100K mark is a flush entilted or will a change work?
                    Honestly do one before the 70k mark and then do them every 30k miles afterwards. If you wait til 100k it's best to not do one all together you run the risk of fucking up your transmission. Me I did mine wicked early and now do it constantly to make sure my transmission is in top-notch health.

Comment

I'm currently at 92k and plan on doing the transmission fluid and spark plugs at 100k.All other maintenance has been done as specified.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
                        Honestly do one before the 70k mark and then do them every 30k miles afterwards. If you wait til 100k it's best to not do one all together you run the risk of fucking up your transmission. Me I did mine wicked early and now do it constantly to make sure my transmission is in top-notch health.
                        What? You're throwing money down the drain if you're changing it that often, if you're really concerned you could bring it to a shop and have them check the color of the fluid but I just got my fluid changed 97k and it's never been done before and he said the fluid still looked great without any metal in it and I drive my car pretty hard. That being said, now that I have it done you can tell a difference, the car has firm shifts and isn't so harsh when shifting, I recommend this to anyone who hasn't done it yet. Next is Coolant and Plugs/Wires.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                        Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar View Post
                          What? You're throwing money down the drain if you're changing it that often, if you're really concerned you could bring it to a shop and have them check the color of the fluid but I just got my fluid changed 97k and it's never been done before and he said the fluid still looked great without any metal in it and I drive my car pretty hard. That being said, now that I have it done you can tell a difference, the car has firm shifts and isn't so harsh when shifting, I recommend this to anyone who hasn't done it yet. Next is Coolant and Plugs/Wires.
                          Meh well I'd rather make sure the transmission is running well. Now that she is getting high mileage and I'm not letting up on the miles anytime soon, I want to maintain her for atleast 200k.

I've also noticed a difference since I installed the transmission cooler as--well.

Comment

I flushed fluid at 50k I replaced filter at 100k. at 150k I plan on doing the filter again

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
                              I flushed fluid at 50k I replaced filter at 100k. at 150k I plan on doing the filter again
                              Was the filter pretty bad? IE Recommended for non-techs?

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                              Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

filter looked normal nothing that raised any concern. if your asking difficulty as long as its not a convertible its as easy as removing like 15ish bolts

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                                X