2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

i like this car a lot, i really do, my next car will either be the zl1, gt500, or bmw m3 coupe.....the reason why I will most likely go with the zl1 is because this car runs tremendously hot, I've been following the press releases on it and they are making it painfully clear what to expect (my best guess is that so people aren't surprised by recalls or issues) and i think the zl1 will last longer and will have lower repair costs. i see what ford is trying to do, desperately trying to outshine chevy, trying just to be faster than the zl1 at the cost of building a structurally weaker vehicle. so in that instance, i would rather stay out of the repair shop or dealership and get the zl1. even if the interior sucks ass. anyways with how hot this car runs it simply gives you a lot more to worry about and fear later down the road

Comment

Am i wrong in assuming that the Shelby's are not actually assembled in a ford plant by ford peeps, there by not being a "factory" mustang? While the ZL1 is built on a GM assembly line using all in house parts and tech.... its two totally separate ball games when you actually look at it.
      Current 2002 Galaxy Silver Grand Prix GTP (L67 3.8 S/C)
      97 Liquid Red Grand Prix GT - Rip/2009 Midnight Blue Metallic Sedan : RIP

Comment

Originally posted by blueG6demon View Post
        Am i wrong in assuming that the Shelby's are not actually assembled in a ford plant by ford peeps, there by not being a "factory" mustang? While the ZL1 is built on a GM assembly line using all in house parts and tech.... its two totally separate ball games when you actually look at it.
        the shelby is by no means hand built..... and even so, that is my point. the shelby will have a higher over all cost of owning .

let me rephrase, if i were moderately wealthy, enough that repair cost wouldnt even phase me, i would buy the shelby. but i have a feeling when it gets old it's going to be a money pitt.

Comment

Just seen one down the road from my neighbours house he brought it home from work.....if its still there tomorrow ill get a pic looks good.....it had manufacturing plates on it.....with a grill delete
          GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by uzun1986 View Post
            Just seen one down the road from my neighbours house he brought it home from work.....if its still there tomorrow ill get a pic looks good.....it had manufacturing plates on it.....with a grill delete
            which also fuels my point....... i already knew they had to remove the grill, bu not for looks...because it runs incredibly hot

Comment

Working...
            X