Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deathmage's G6 - Brembo's, 19mm Spacers Installed - Koni's Shock Conversion Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Deathmage's G6 - Brembo's arrived! - Koni's Full Conversion Installed

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
    Never seen a white German Shepard before, that's awesome! ... When you getting your brakes on?

There's only 2 none for the back
    waiting for the spacers and the additional .6mm shim. gotta put .6mm more on-top of the already .9mm in the rears since my chamber is 1.8 on the left and 2.4 on the right and won't adjust anymore, so I need to try and correct the chamber as best I can. I presume with spacers it will make the chamber even more negative...

We really need some manner of adjusting chamber in the rears, it's crazy!
    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

How are the rear rotors going with the shims? Gotta remember that the more you shim the rear hub the further out of alignment the rear brakes will be
      Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

How are the rear rotors going with the shims? Gotta remember that the more you shim the rear hub the further out of alignment the rear brakes will be

The rears are wearing fine. Been checking the pads once a month when I rotate the tires and the pad wear is even...

Going to pop in another .6mms for a total of 15mms and see if this bring the rear chamber into spec.

Anyone guesstimate how much more negative chamber 19mms will cause?
        Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
          The rears are wearing fine. Been checking the pads once a month when I rotate the tires and the pad wear is even...

Going to pop in another .6mms for a total of 15mms and see if this bring the rear chamber into spec.

I guess I have the weight in alignment for rear brakes or alignment for rear tires.... tires are being eaten so I need to get the rear chamber inside of 1.9 or better anything over 2 is just bad....

ugh.... the suspense... I just want them here now so I can pop on these Brembo's!

Comment

Well a wider track is going to cause the spring rate at the wheel to drop, so the suspension would sit lower and the camber would go more negative. Hard to say how much more though without measuring the suspension pickup points and knowing the spring rates, which reminds me, I need to do that so I can model the rear suspension but its just been so cold lately
            Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Well a wider track is going to cause the spring rate at the wheel to drop, so the suspension would sit lower and the camber would go more negative. Hard to say how much more though without measuring the suspension pickup points and knowing the spring rates, which reminds me, I need to do that so I can model the rear suspension but its just been so cold lately
              Indeed that why I ordered another .9mm total for shims. if I did that the rear would be @ .18mm shimmed. Hoping all I need is .6mm. I have a sole .3mm shim that I'll pop on the side that has the most need for slightly more chamber.

sucks that there really isn't anything that can done for the rears.

Also it sounds like I should venture to mid-NJ sometime I'm sure I could learn a ton from you in person.
              Last edited by Deathmage; 03-02-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

trying something new....

instead of the normal 30 psi on all 4's I'm running 35 in front and 34 in rear cold, by the times is full pressured on highway it at 38 front, 37 rear and the car feels better-ish with the Koni's are 90% past full soft on one turn in the front and 100% past full soft with one full turn in the rear....

feels better now...

feels like the Koni's plus the more air in the low-profiles absorb mounds/mogals and potholes better; the bridge joints feel better on the 2 major 3 mile bridges I cross daily...

Comment

Spacers!!!!!

19mm Hub-n-Wheel Centric spacers from Motor Sports in Sparks, NV!

Comment

Whatcha guys think?

Yes I know the car is dirty, would you believe me if I said I WASHED IT BEFORE I WENT TO THE SHOP! - it pissed me off when i got there and got out, but it was 48 by 10am so all the road were wet and snow melting still pissed me off!

I really need to find a manner other than shim's to fix rear chamber, wondering if one of the other forums for our frame has a E-centric bolt for the rears; @ .9mm that's about the max before the rotors hit the caliper guard and cause it to bind.

Here are the pics, again FORGIVE THE DIRTY, it bothers me too!

Front tire look: - no more fender wheel look!

Brembo's!!!!

sexy in my brain.....

Comment

Well it's pretty awesome now.... the suspension....

now that I've set the front to 1.2 of a turn past full soft Koni's, pumped the tire pressure to 36 cold (39 highway) with the 19mm spacers on all 4 corners with the rear at a -1.6 camber the car turns so smooth now... I could get the camber to -1.4 on both sides now with the custom alignment job and some sanding on the caliper brackets and sanding of the rear hub where the shims are applied..... Needless to say I'm able to take 75 MPH turn on ramps and the even tighter "turn-about" ramps onto I-84 at 70 mph and the car turns on a dime with little effort and/or body roll. Plus the precision of the Brembo's up front now allow for much more smooth and precise braking....

I think I've finally hit the sweat spot of the car now as-well as the bee-line straight/planted feeling of a crusing posture.

I'm quite happy thus far...

Comment

Good to hear. Can't wait to see what you have in store next.

Btw the 19mm spacers aren't in your sig.

07 G6 base model 2.4L
                        Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

loving it !!!!!!!

Comment

I can safely say I'm completely content now with the handling and suspension aspect of the G6 now. with the front and rear spacers and the front at 1.4 from full soft on the Koni's and the rear at 1.2 on the Koni's the car rides so smooth is nutso.... - Bryant I actually love you man, thanks so much for being the pilot program with the Koni's - best investment thus far minus maybe the WAMS. - the Koni's take a while to set in the right setting but it's been fun, I'll probably use Koni's on all my cars moving forward.

I managed to get her to 165 MPH tonight on a straightaway on I-87 (the Pilot Sports are rated for 185 mph) north and it was for the 1st time I've ever had the car and have had zero vibration or stability issues - she was bee lines with minimal road vibrations; love the WAMS tune and how it really add more power at the higher rpm band...

only reason I slowed down was the double wammy kicked in... Waze popped up that a Trooper was reported around next bend (2 miles away)..... Brembo's (I love them) kicked in and went from 165 down to 75 in 10 seconds gracefully.... I came down the bend and the Cobra started going off... as soon as I came around the sharp bend near thick trees he showed up near a overpass ....I coasted by him doing 73... I bet those rotors must have been borderline red....

Once the chamber is fixed in the rear (1.5 rear left, 1.9 rear right - I want 1.2) it's safe to say during my vacation I'm driving some place within a 2 days drive on NY. the open road is were my vacation will find me...
                            Last edited by Deathmage; 03-28-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I managed to get her to 165 MPH tonight on a straightaway on I-87
                              Last edited by l672lx9; 04-02-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by l672lx9 View Post
                                My speedometer only registers 140 mph I only knew I was going 165 from my Waze app. - fastest I've ever gotten her; it was also a steep downgrade

Comment

Working...
                                X