Full Bolton 3.6 09 G6 GXP Coupe Mustang dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Bolton 3.6 09 G6 GXP Coupe Mustang dyno

well heres 2 videos and a dyno sheet of a VERY dissapointing dyno..... im not sure what went wrong whether they dynoed it in 6th gear or what but according to this dyno im only putting down 202tq and 204hp with intake, headers, full exhaust, 93 tune, race MMIs and the new intake manifold were working on, where as other members with the same mods minus the manifold are putting down 220-225hp/tq theres no way this manifold with more volume than stock should LOSE 20hp/tq........ if anything with the bigger volume it should have loast a little bit of low end torque trading of for a LARGE increase in high end HP...... the guy that designed this manifold was looking at my dyno and notice that mine looks almost identicle to nates, who has the same mods minus the intake with exception that mine appears to be droped down on the scale by about 20hp........

i guess the only way to get to the bottom of this is to have her redynoed elsewhere on a dynojet and do 3 pulls with the new manifold and 3 pulls with the stock manifold.....

anyways here 2 videos of the same run, and the graph

Re: Full Bolton 3.6 09 G6 GXP Coupe Mustang dyno

Dont be too disapointed its prob how it is calibrated. The place I go to has a mustang dyno and there so cool but very touchy. If something is off your numbers will be all over the place. But a mustang dyno has so many options and number you can put in for much more accuracy over a dyno jet. My first time I dynoed on it with just a tune I put down 220 HP. A few months later I redynoed with a few other things and I only put down like 205-ish.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

really i think it might of just been a bad run but take to the track and see what you run?

Comment

Originally posted by 08gxp3.6 View Post
        really i think it might of just been a bad run but take to the track and see what you run?
        ya that dyno is WAY off its showing at least a 20hp/tq loss but when i went to the track i was running slightly faster trap speeds and a little better times.......still nothing like last year tho last year i was running 13.7s consistantly and best time of 13.59.......this year i havent been able to break 13.99 and most runs are between 14.00 and 14.24.........im beginning to think this 3.6 doesnt quite have the bottom end that my old one did before i spun a rod bearing i need to get it redynoed at some other place that might actually dyno it correctly, and have back to back dynos with the new intake manifold vs the stock one......

my problems this year all seem to be in the 60' as least year when i was getting 13.7s etc i was running very close to the same trap speed and sometimes even slower than all the ones this year have been but was having 1.8x 60's this year i havent been able to break 2.00 and most are 2.19-2.25........

Comment

With the weight of the GXP and those numbers....13.59@101.3.......there is NO WAY those are the numbers your putting down, especially with those mods. I would expect 225 at least, probably close to 235.

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
            ya that dyno is WAY off its showing at least a 20hp/tq loss but when i went to the track i was running slightly faster trap speeds and a little better times.......still nothing like last year tho last year i was running 13.7s consistantly and best time of 13.59.......this year i havent been able to break 13.99 and most runs are between 14.00 and 14.24.........im beginning to think this 3.6 doesnt quite have the bottom end that my old one did before i spun a rod bearing i need to get it redynoed at some other place that might actually dyno it correctly, and have back to back dynos with the new intake manifold vs the stock one......

my problems this year all seem to be in the 60' as least year when i was getting 13.7s etc i was running very close to the same trap speed and sometimes even slower than all the ones this year have been but was having 1.8x 60's this year i havent been able to break 2.00 and most are 2.19-2.25........
            maybe the new 3.6 you have is not broken it yet? and what was the temp and humidity when you were running? i dynoed mine at 217hp and 203 torque with just a intake and catback so the dyno is off...for sure

Comment

Originally posted by 08gxp3.6 View Post
              maybe the new 3.6 you have is not broken it yet? and what was the temp and humidity when you were running? i dynoed mine at 217hp and 203 torque with just a intake and catback so the dyno is off...for sure
              should be broke in ive put 13k miles on the new engine already......as far as temp and humididty im not sure but its not sposed to matter as those are supposed to be the corrected numbers which takes those factorys into account....

Comment

Working...
              X