Got in a wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got in a wreck

Saturday at midnight I was driving back home from picking up my friend for the weekend to go to the Houston motor speedway and watch some races when I was going on an overpass switching from 1 highway to another when a 18 wheeler came halling ass up behind me, i was in the right lane and he was in the left, I was doing 55(5 over the speed limit) and he was doing around 80-85. He somehow didn't see me and came over into my lane as he was passing me and I had to swerve over to avoid him hitting me, well when I did we hit lose gravel from the median as the other highway merged into the one I was on and started drifting, I thought I would be ok and it would get traction again, well it did...but only the back tires and we went into a 180 degree spin the opposite way, crossed two more lanes from the other highway, jumped the curb, went 20 feet down down a grassy plane and jumped another curb into the feeder road. My friend and I are ok, didnt even bump our heads. It was actually unbelievably smooth. But it destroyed my rim and tire and yesterday we took it to my dads shop to find that the radiator is busted, the right course radiator support is smashed in no longer protecting it, the left front lower control arm is bent like hell, and the left front strut is cracked. Got the same tire and rime yesterday for around 500, the other parts will be around 200-300 as we
    Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	1087944Click image for larger version

Name:	car3.jpg
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1087945Click image for larger version

Name:	car1.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1087946ll.

Current Mods
    -------------
    G6 Black on Red Mats
    Tint: Front 20%/Rear 15%
    Raptor H.I.D. kit 5000k Fogs
    Raptor H.I.D. kit 4500k Lows
    Interior red L.E.D.
    1000W Speaker & Amp
    Crabs Option 3
    Painted Calipers Red
    Dual Custom Exhaust
    Halo Angel Eyes

Upcoming Mods
    ---------------
    Need Ideas

Re: Got in a wreck

Damn, that sucks man. But glad you and your friend are ok! Cars can be fixed... But doesn't make it suck less.
    Last edited by mitchd17; 03-05-2012, 08:18 PM.
    Performance
    CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
    Platinum Apex Rims ( 18x8 ), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles, (Chrome)

Audio
    2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
    600watt Sony X-plod Amp

On the list:
    Window tint
    Glasspack

Comment

I think you had someone watching over you cause an 18 wheeler and your car would more then likely end in devastating disaster! Glad to hear that you walked away fine!

Comment

Hate to hear it but things could have been much worse, glad you're ok.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Damn! Thats sucks bro. I'm glad everyone ok.

Comment

Thats one thing i am afraid of happening... Whenever i see an 18 wheeler i either keep my distance or pas them entirely and get a good distance away. I am terrified of them!But like i said on Facebook as long as the humans are good the car is goood

Comment

yea, thank you all. I appreciate it.

Current Mods
              -------------
              G6 Black on Red Mats
              Interior red L.E.D.
              1000W Speaker & Amp
              Crabs Option 3
              Painted Calipers Red
              Dual Custom Exhaust
              Halo Angel Eyes

Upcoming Mods
              ---------------
              Need Ideas

Comment

Shit man you're lucky. Someone up there is watching over you. Lucky to come out with just a bump.
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

very glad to see that you are okay. and honestly for what you are describing the car made it out pretty good too!
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                    very glad to see that you are okay. and honestly for what you are describing the car made it out pretty good too!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

yea thanks all, also the motor mount got f'ed so I'm replacing that oh and I just noticed my driver side door has 3 large scratches now.... any recommendations on those? :/

Current Mods
                      -------------
                      G6 Black on Red Mats
                      Interior red L.E.D.
                      1000W Speaker & Amp
                      Crabs Option 3
                      Painted Calipers Red
                      Dual Custom Exhaust
                      Halo Angel Eyes

Upcoming Mods
                      ---------------
                      Need Ideas

Comment

glad you ok man, that really sucks

Comment

Glad to hear that nobody was seriously hurt.I hope that everything works out on getting the car fixed.

Comment

Yea my dads a mechanic, we got it all working back to normal again replaced the parts. I just need to find the best way to make this door look better than it does :/

Current Mods
                            -------------
                            G6 Black on Red Mats
                            Interior red L.E.D.
                            1000W Speaker & Amp
                            Crabs Option 3
                            Painted Calipers Red
                            Dual Custom Exhaust
                            Halo Angel Eyes

Upcoming Mods
                            ---------------
                            Need Ideas

Comment

Glad you guy's are OK and livin large in the 6 again.
                              Current Mods
                              245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
                              Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                              X