I pod integration with 2006 6 CD Monsoon/XM radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pod integration with 2006 6 CD Monsoon/XM radio

Ok, i been through most of this forum and have not found a good option for I pod connectivity. Today for Christmas I got a D-Lo FM transmitter. I used it in another Pontiac (My G6 is parked at the airport in long term parking ) and it was ok. I know I gotta play around with the bass/treble and all that but obviously it's not CD quality.

What hardwire options are out there. Is there anyway to connect the I pod to the 6 CD Monsoon/XM head unit. I'm not looking for full integration. I use playlists on my I Pod so I don't care much for having full integration. I just want an option to hook up the I pod to the stereo and get CD quality.

Please post any options, any stories/experiences, and of course pricing and directions to install or places to get it installed. I've called GM already and they were of no help. I also love it how GM has to be unique in not having AUX input or MP3 CD compatibility. What's that about dwindling market share? Thank you in advance for help.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
    Stock Silver 3.9L Coupe

"A bad day at racing is better then a good day at the office"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0070854041

and

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5706

I think, it is what most of us who are willing to get inside the car but don't want to drop $$ on a headunit are doing.

Cheers.
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for and some.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
      Stock Silver 3.9L Coupe

"A bad day at racing is better then a good day at the office"

Comment

You might also be interested in this link.

http://www.gspr.com/blau/pca.html

Comment

I have been trying to get the iPod/XM interface from iConnect to work, but still are still having problems getting it to work. Waiting for a new wiring harness. More info from this link.
          http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... 65&start=0

Comment

Originally posted by bwestrum
            I have been trying to get the iPod/XM interface from iConnect to work, but still are still having problems getting it to work. Waiting for a new wiring harness. More info from this link.
            http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... 65&start=0
            Where did you get this one? How much did it cost? I'd like to hear how it works once you get everything sorted out.

Comment

The iConnect is sold directly to GM dealers.
              It was around $350.
              The iConnect module connects to the XM tuner, which for the vert, was in the trunk. They ran the iPod cable from the trunk, under the carpet, to the center console. For the non-verts I think the tuner may be behind the glove box, and you can put the iPod in glove box.
              There are dip switches on the module that are set to match the vehicle model.

Comment

Correction, the iConnect was $280 plus installation.

Comment

thats what I'm looking at doing. Quick question, the dealer said something about XM, now I didnt get XM installed on my car. Isnt the radio the same for all the vehicles? And if so, will I need XM installed first (which I plan on getting) or can I just have this installed without the XM?
                  BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

The installation manual lists a different part number if there is no XM tuner: GMLN2400 (GMLN21600 w/XM).
                    The iConnect interface harness connects between the exising harness and the radio.

Also, according to the warranty, it is good for 3-years when installed by an authorized new car dealership.

Comment

Cool, thanx for the info. I just got a nano and my girlfriend has a normal Ipod so I'm probably going to be getting this adapter since like 70 of my cd's were taken when my car was stolen

Comment

I'm waiting for calls back from the dealer and smartpark regarding the harness.

BTW, the dealer that I bought the G6 from is in Vallejo, Team Superstores.

Comment

wow, I just noticed where you were from. Thats three members in the area so far... Anyhow, I got my car in Santa Rosa, the dealer that would be installing the system is here in ukiah

Comment

Looks like the best aftermarket solution yet (the eBay one), if the GM one doesn't pan out. I don't dig aftermarket stuff coming out of my radio, think it's a eyesore myself, but for someone who doesn't mind, looks like it's worth the cash.

Still don't understand why GM built MP3 compatibility and front aux jacks into the G5 but not the G6. This Personal Audio Link thing seems like an afterthought.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Its def an afterthought, both the dealer and the company he orders from had to research it, company said it just came out (that was about a month ago when i was in at the dealer)

Comment

Working...
                              X