Electric power steering assist clunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric power steering assist clunk

My used 08G6 4cyl. Base Sedan-- bought w. 80000KM.

I notice the clunk 1) Both turning at slow speeds and moving from stopped.

2) With telescopic steering wheel in lowest position, while taking foot off brake pedal.

The actual steering, however, ISN"T AFFECTED, YET!!!

My understanding is there might be a remedy from GM for this car and problem.

Any help on how to best approach GM to deal with this?

Re: Electric power steering assist clunk

You should search the site before just randomly posting. There are TONS AND TONS of thread related to this problem. The sad thing i've come to realize is that you just deal with it. They fix it then it comes right back.
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

^^What he just said. Save your money and buy a louder stereo.
      1972 F100
      1978 Twinstar
      1992 Miata
      2014 Mustang

Comment

you know, the funny thing is that i was never bothered by it or more like i really didnt notice it i guess. that is untill BAMBAMM obviously pointed it out when i got my lowering springs installed. and every once in a while i get slightly annoyed by the sound. THANKS DUDE! anyways, i think there was a recall on this issue. but there is a HOW-TO on this site. so you can be able to do it when needed (and maybe every so often?).

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Wel, I just bought my 08 G6 V6 sedan on Thursday. I also came to notice and feel the clunk. I just got back from the dealership and there saying its a linkage and !!! My power steering pump was gone but i never noticed until we got too the dealership. So in less then a week the car is already in the shop!

Comment

Working...
          X