Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a <TRAF> light on my console.VERY confused.I can change it to TRAF or <TRAF>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a <TRAF> light on my console.VERY confused.I can change it to TRAF or <TRAF>

Anyway, on my 2008 Pontiac G6, in the middle console message center, if I hold down the TRAF button on the right, <TRAF> appears on the right side. If I hold it down again, it takes the brackets off. It won't go away until I turn off the stereo or car.

Anyone know what this does? I saw a bunch of other posts saying it was traction control, but I have a traction control button and it's labeled "TC" and in a totally different spot. Kind of frustrating me to be honest, the manual doesn't include any information about it, nor does it include how to add playlists and stuff to the CD changer.

BTW, while we're on the topic, does anyone know if the stock CD changer can read song titles off of discs? And if so, how do I burn them so that can happen?
    Thanks!!!

Re: There is a &lt;TRAF&gt; light on my console.VERY confused.I can change it to TRAF or &lt;T

If I recall correctly doesn't traf mean traffic? if you press it once it should bring you to a radio station that is giving traffic reports....

Comment

Re: There is a &lt;TRAF&gt; light on my console.VERY confused.I can change it to TRAF or &lt;T

yeah your cd player can read track names along with the cd name. I use iTunes to burn my cds and it has options you can choose from once you create a playlist
      2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl View Post
        If I recall correctly doesn't traf mean traffic? if you press it once it should bring you to a radio station that is giving traffic reports....
        I haven't tried it while listening to the radio. The radio has that preset button thing, P-TYPE that'll scan for specific types of radio stations (weather, news, rock, country) so that seems a bit redundant to me. I don't even know if it works while it's on the band setting, all I know is when I have a CD in and I hold the button, it puts <TRAF> on the display in tiny letters on the righthand side, then if I hold it again, it changes to TRAF without the brackets. It'll just go back and forth.

And what settings on iTunes do you use? I'm gonna go try some stuff in my car right now, thanks guys.

Comment

typically once your done making the cd and about to burn it. it'll ask if you want to include CD text or something along those lines.
          Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
          Interior- Red LED's
          Performance- CRAB's Option 3, Exhaust
          Coming up: MMI's, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors

Comment

It is there to send traffic updates to certain GPS models. That is like 1 of 3 ways some GPS units get traffic info. My Garmin has this and I have the feature on my G8's radio.. A brief explanation below....

The method is via a “silent” transmission over FM radio. In addition to the music you might hear from a radio station, other “silent” signals can be sent over the frequency. A special FM antenna is either built into your GPS or connected as an antenna which listens for those special signals being broadcast over FM radio frequencies.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Working...
            X