Shattered dreams.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shattered dreams.....

Well depending on the model it runs up 0-60 between 5.6-5.9 sec, GXP Coupe runs a little slower between 5.7-6.2 but these are both depending on the varients of model of the car, year of the GXP and a few other factors such as two different testing teams not the same one doing the trials. I would say that reaction time would be key in a race. Even the weight is near the same with these 270 HP and 258 lb-ft torque for the SR and 252 hp 251 lb-ft torque in respect to the the new GXP so definitely very very close.
    2008 G6 GT "Vicky" Canucks Lowering Springs all 4 corners, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding kit w/ Alt wire, custom CAI setup, 18" Konig Zero-in Rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-R's, LED Running Boards, LED Foot Holds (front and back) resonator delete w/ Flowmaster Super 44 2.5 in/ dual 2.25 out mid body dump flush. KCR tune, custom paint and custom stitching throughout interior 2 RF P3D410's in spec ported box tuned to 34hz, 1500 watt SSL amp, 2 Farad Cap.

Soon to come: Lower and Upper engine build, complete trans build and hardening, custom turbo setup, custom tune, Concept body kit.

Comment

my buddy just got one back at home, id like to line them up a few times before the snow gets here. My thoughts are the same tho wojcik. I do like the look of both cars plus he is running his mouth a bit, just wanted to see all of your inputs on the two cars
      2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

Do you have the tune yet or not? If you have your tune that might be your bit of advantage in this situation. Either way it will be a close one but the tourqe is almost identical. Remember HP sells cars, Tourqe wins races. so that will just have to be a line them up and go and see the results. With a tune you should have him, it will still be close but nowhere near as close as it would be without.
        2008 G6 GT "Vicky" Canucks Lowering Springs all 4 corners, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding kit w/ Alt wire, custom CAI setup, 18" Konig Zero-in Rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-R's, LED Running Boards, LED Foot Holds (front and back) resonator delete w/ Flowmaster Super 44 2.5 in/ dual 2.25 out mid body dump flush. KCR tune, custom paint and custom stitching throughout interior 2 RF P3D410's in spec ported box tuned to 34hz, 1500 watt SSL amp, 2 Farad Cap.

Soon to come: Lower and Upper engine build, complete trans build and hardening, custom turbo setup, custom tune, Concept body kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wojcik View Post
          Do you have the tune yet or not? If you have your tune that might be your bit of advantage in this situation. Either way it will be a close one but the tourqe is almost identical. Remember HP sells cars, Tourqe wins races. so that will just have to be a line them up and go and see the results. With a tune you should have him, it will still be close but nowhere near as close as it would be without.
          Nah i do not have the tune, i don't care if i win or lose id just like to see the results. Ill have to let you guys go, maybe get some videos
          2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

Originally posted by UrW0rstNightmare View Post
            Nah i do not have the tune, i don't care if i win or lose id just like to see the results. Ill have to let you guys go, maybe get some videos
            do you still have LS2s? thats the biggest factor here, ones with the 3.6 no we cant get a stitch of traction. once i get my pzeros on i expect to see a 0-60 of around 5.3ish

Comment

Originally posted by BL07GTP View Post
              do you still have LS2s? thats the biggest factor here, ones with the 3.6 no we cant get a stitch of traction. once i get my pzeros on i expect to see a 0-60 of around 5.3ish
              Michelin Hydroedge, im guessing he has the ones that came stock. Id like to go from a dig, 20 roll and 40 roll.

Comment

um ya you definately are not going to have a 0-60 of 5.3 just with changeing to another ALL SEASON tire and with a pretty much stock car

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
                  um ya you definately are not going to have a 0-60 of 5.3 just with changeing to another ALL SEASON tire and with a pretty much stock car
                  wanna bet?

Comment

Originally posted by UrW0rstNightmare View Post
                    Michelin Hydroedge, im guessing he has the ones that came stock. Id like to go from a dig, 20 roll and 40 roll.
                    brian got it in 6.1 on my car. that wanst even flooring it until 20mph and still spinning all the way through 1st gear with 3 people in the car. lol not to mention that was when it was still bone stock.

Comment

brian got it in 6.1 on my car. that wanst even flooring it until 20mph and still spinning all the way through 1st gear with 3 people in the car. lol not to mention that was when it was still bone stock.
                      and you couldnt even break 7 sec to 60 so obviously i am a WAY better driver than you, im telling you you arent going to have nearly as good of traction as you think...........because it doesnt matter WHAT you put on the 3.6, they are gonna spin way too much no matter what unless you have at least extreme performance summer tires or drag radials.............

Comment

According to this (http://www.060calculator.com/) you have to have about 350 HP at the crank to pull that #. Thats assuming you get traction. Good luck!!!
                        2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
                        Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Originally posted by LB2 View Post
                          According to this (http://www.060calculator.com/) you have to have about 350 HP at the crank to pull that #. Thats assuming you get traction. Good luck!!!
                          Very true indeed.

Comment

ive owned a altima 3.5 and i honestly think the GXP can take it our first and second gears are ROWDY as hell compared to the altima and i got my ass handed to me by a cobalt ss un modded in the altima so im sure you can take it
                            Last edited by grindingryan; 12-16-2011, 04:19 PM.
                            2006 nissan x-terra (SOLD)
                            2007 nissan altima 4cyl. (totaled)
                            2007 nissan altima 3.5L V6 (sold)
                            2008 nissan murano (sold)
                            2007 chevy suburban (totaled)
                            2008 nissan titan (sold)
                            2009 pontiac G6 GXP 3.6L V6 (SOLD) D: :sad:
                            2008 nissan 350z (stolen) :,(
                            1991 240 SX HB (missle car) (STRIPPED FOR PIECES)
                            1991 240sx HB (MY GEM) <3
                            2010 Nissan 370Z 40th annv. (daily)

Comment

Originally posted by grindingryan View Post
                              ive owned a altima 3.5 and i honestly think the GXP can take it our first and second gears are ROWDY as hell compared to the altima and i got my ass handed to me by a cobalt ss un modded in the altima so im sure you can take it
                              ill have to let you guys know, idk when we will run them or even if we will

Comment

Originally posted by Wojcik View Post
                                Very true indeed.
                                that calculator is not accurate at all it says that the GXP should have like 300hp to get the stock 0-60 time and says i should have 350hp

Comment

Working...
                                X