Reduction of posts to sell items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reduction of posts to sell items

I have noticed that you need 100 posts to sell on here and I understand the rules. I'm asking if that can be re looked at because I have an item to sell but I don't want to go and post whore 98 posts after this. Thanks.
    Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
    , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
    Enroute:
    Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Re: Reduction of posts to sell items

I think 50 posts would be fair. 100 does seem extreme, but I wouldn't go lower than 30.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

That is something that has been considered over the years, but will not be happening any time soon.
      These rules are here for the protection of all of our users; both buyers and sellers. We have implemented these rules as a response to shady characters in the past.

P.S. trying to sell things in your signature is a no-no

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

We decided on 100 posts for a reason, so it will be staying that way moving forward. It wasn't meant to inconvenience people, but was a way to help protect people after some previous members were ripped off.

As born2ski said, you can't put your ad in your signature to skirt the rules. I've removed your signature.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000 View Post
          We decided on 100 posts for a reason, so it will be staying that way moving forward. It wasn't meant to inconvenience people, but was a way to help protect people after some previous members were ripped off.

As born2ski said, you can't put your ad in your signature to skirt the rules. I've removed your signature.
          This. We had several members on here ripped off by a couple different people in the past.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000 View Post

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
            This. We had several members on here ripped off by a couple different people in the past.
            Alright, thanks for the responses, was just asking and I'll take responsibility for it.
            Progression Thread - Updates on page 1

Show: Complete debadge, Black Eagle Eye headlights, 35% Tint, Front dart blackout, window trim blackout, front grill trim blackout, 2Crave No. 5 Wheels

Go: Intake resonator delete, Spectre intake piping, K&N drop in filter
            , MagnaFlow exhaust, Falken Azenis PT-722 Tires

Misc: RCA Headrest DVD players

Pending Install:
            Enroute:
            Next idea: Lowering Springs/Spacers

Comment

NO 100 is still too high. Really, we are not children here. Every ADULT knows it's buyer beware. Yes I have stock items and aftermarket items I want to buy and to sell, so this is important to me. Stop catering to idiots that need to be told that the grass is green.

Comment

Originally posted by WJK052S View Post
                NO 100 is still too high. Really, we are not children here. Every ADULT knows it's buyer beware. Yes I have stock items and aftermarket items I want to buy and to sell, so this is important to me. Stop catering to idiots that need to be told that the grass is green.
                Sorry, but there are actually children on this forum. Both as buyers, and sellers. Whether by age, or by mentality. We cater to those "idiots", our members, to protect our ownn. We protect our own here. There were incidents on this board where something just over half a dozen members on here fell victim to a scammer. After those and other issues we added this rule. Any attempts to circumvent it is considered violating board rules as well. 100 posts confirms the user is a contributing member of the forum, not just that they aren't a spammer.
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Yeah I love the fact he's only here to sell his stuff and more than likely leave. Funny thing is he's bitching on the other forum about the same requirements. eBay / Craigslist must be a new concept?
                  Chris White
                  http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                  2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                  2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                  2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                  2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                  2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Wow.. is it too much to ask for a member to ACTUALLY be a member!? I don't think anyone of the more "senior" members here wants to listen to anyone complain about a rule that ALL members agreed to. Check the rules, check your ego.

sent from my wireless telegraph machine

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I too think the 100 post rule for selling is somewhat high, but I have stuff to sell and am willing to put the work in to get there.

Comment

While I understand the reason for the 100 post rule, it's going to take me forever to get there, since this forum is not as active as a lot of the other forums that I haunt. (Heck... even the Fiero forum has a bunch more traffic. )
                        With that said, I would like to see it changed in regards to people looking to buy things, as opposed to selling things.
                        But that doesn't even matter any more. I found what I needed elsewhere.
                        Raydar

2010 Pontiac G6 GT 4 door. 18" Mach M7 wheels. "The ride"
                        1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Fastback conversion. 4.9/Allante V8. NVG T-550 5 speed. "The toy"

Comment

Working...
                        X