G8 GT vs. Stage 3 or 4 neon srt4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G8 GT vs. Stage 3 or 4 neon srt4

Well it was the next day after I got my G8 and meet up with some friends that night well one of them has a srt4 neon he says it's a stage 3 or 4 don't remember exactly what he said well we wait till about 2 in the morning and hit the freeway got to a good stretch of road and did a 60 roll he got a jump on me at first got to his back door then pulled on em hard and got about a car length on em before he cut it off

2009 G6 GXP 3.6L Mods: Window tint 20% back, 35% front, CRAB intake, intake resonator delete...Future Mods Debadge, Tinted Tails, hid headlights, custom catback exhaust

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

HELLO 2009 PONTIAC G8 GT: fully loaded, black and red leather, 6.0 L76
    rear muff delete, superchips 91performance tune

Re: G8 GT vs. Stage 3 or 4 neon srt4

Neon SRT4 Stage 3
    Weight: 2,900 lbs
    HP: 310 - 355 (based on octane)
    Torq: 325 - 365 (based on octane)

G8 GT
    Weight:~4000 lbs
    HP: 361
    Torq: 385

Some stats for those wondering with the info given. That Neon can be a fast car, but it is the ugliest thing ever. If that Neon was on the upper portion of the HP/Torq scale, then he should have won since the Neon is considerably lighter than the G8.

Source:
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Gotta remember this is at a 60 roll a srt4's power range is in 2nd gear we plan on runnin from a dig and a 35 to 40 roll then we'll see the neons power

2009 G6 GXP 3.6L Mods: Window tint 20% back, 35% front, CRAB intake, intake resonator delete...Future Mods Debadge, Tinted Tails, hid headlights, custom catback exhaust

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

Comment

Oh yeah. I must've missed that part. G8 GT has the upper hand at 60. 35-40 is gonna be a close race, and don't be surprised if he wins from a stop.
        2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
        GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
        Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Ya those srt's are low end beasts!!

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

Comment

Originally posted by balinwiz View Post
            Ya those srt's are low end beasts!!
            how? they have shit for power from a dig. what boost will they use at off idle.
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
              They're light weight and have boost by second gear that's why there sweet spot is in second gear

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
                That Neon can be a fast car, but it is the ugliest thing ever.
                agreed...

ugly as sinn
                ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                  When you put cams, better waste gates ect. The Colbalt SS/SC and the SRT4 neons get alot of power down low. BIG issue though. I know a few people over the years that has had 350-400 HP SRT4 neons and one Colbalt SS SC owner and all of them say the same thing. They have to bate you in to run them from a roll because the FWD setup is a mess trying to run you from a dead stop as all they do is burn tires and go nowheres.

But belive it or not, once you get to stage 3-4 neons they are putting out a decent amount of power but they have no way to get it to the pavement to transalate into foward progress
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
                    When you put cams, better waste gates ect. The Colbalt SS/SC and the SRT4 neons get alot of power down low. BIG issue though. I know a few people over the years that has had 350-400 HP SRT4 neons and one Colbalt SS SC owner and all of them say the same thing. They have to bate you in to run them from a roll because the FWD setup is a mess trying to run you from a dead stop as all they do is burn tires and go nowheres.

But belive it or not, once you get to stage 3-4 neons they are putting out a decent amount of power but they have no way to get it
                    to the pavement to transalate into foward progress
                    ^AGREED

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

Comment

Just add a couple mods to the G8 and you'll be better off

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle View Post
                        Just add a couple mods to the G8 and you'll be better off
                        Haha hell ya I cant wait to put an xpipe on her love the sound of it!!!

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

Comment

I get happy in the pants every time I start mine!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle View Post
                            I get happy in the pants every time I start mine!
                            So she returns the favor huh lol

R.I.P 2006 Charger RT

Comment

Working...
                            X