• Show
Clear All

Re: Brembo club

I'm going to update this with a better pic tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by samurai View Post

I'm going to update this with a better pic tomorrow
      By better do you mean without the bra? (I hate those things, sorry!)

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
      Originally posted by wzbhnn
      We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post
        By better do you mean without the bra? (I hate those things, sorry!)

we all like different looks that is why we mod? ...riiighhtt anyways the car came like that Its a gm accessory and i need a new bumper and hood before i can take it off. but until then i like my Zorro mask

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86 View Post
          Personally I got mine for $400. Generally you can get them for between $400 -$600. My dealership quoted me at $600 for just front calipers.
          haaa!!!! my dealorship quoted me 850 for BOTH calipers!!!

Comment

Hey Lampoon looks good, are your calipers painted or powder coated? If there powder coated I assume they had to be taken apart?, did you reuse the rubber piston seal or replace it. One more ? on the decal did you stick it on then clear coat over it (powder or paint) or stick it on after painting? I envy you guys, this is such a cool and practical upgrade
            PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

we all like different looks that is why we mod? ...riiighhtt anyways the car came like that Its a gm accessory and i need a new bumper and hood before i can take it off. but until then i like my Zorro mask
              You are absolutely right, hence the reason I have it in my sig... but just because I have it there doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion! But it sounds like once you get a new bumper and hood you will be taking it off as well so what does that say??

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?

Comment

You are absolutely right, hence the reason I have it in my sig... but just because I have it there doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion! But it sounds like once you get a new bumper and hood you will be taking it off as well so what does that say??
                it says I'd prefer my gxp hood and recessed grills over the bra, but i still like the bra either way

Comment

it says I'd prefer my gxp hood and recessed grills over the bra, but i still like the bra either way
                  What ever works for you man!! That is the beauty of it all!! Anyway, do you have a name for your car? Is it really Zorro? Because that would be an awesome one!!

Also you Brembo guys/gals what pads do you use? Green, Red, Yellow stuff?? Also, I was wondering can we use any brembo calipers as long as they are made to fit the same size disk as the Cobalts??
                  Last edited by Matts06GT; 03-22-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I uses Hawks HPS pads, front and rear. You would still need the brackets. Not sure if you could just order those from GM.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
                      I uses Hawks HPS pads, front and rear. You would still need the brackets. Not sure if you could just order those from GM.
                      Ok so really the only part we need is the brackets from the Cobalt? So am I correct in saying that we could actually get something like Corvette Brembo's but just so the rotors were redrilled or whatever for 5x110??

Comment

Ok so really the only part we need is the brackets from the Cobalt? So am I correct in saying that we could actually get something like Corvette Brembo's but just so the rotors were redrilled or whatever for 5x110??
                        I don't think it works that way, the cobalt calipers have no brackets,t hey bolt directly to the knuckle. They're not like a typical big brake kit with brackets and one caliper that might be able to be used for multiple applications.

As for pads, get them for a cobalt SS/TC ... they might be specific to the car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MadMoney View Post
                          Hey Lampoon looks good, are your calipers painted or powder coated? If there powder coated I assume they had to be taken apart?, did you reuse the rubber piston seal or replace it. One more ? on the decal did you stick it on then clear coat over it (powder or paint) or stick it on after painting? I envy you guys, this is such a cool and practical upgrade
                          I sanded and painted mine. I masked off the pistons etc & used a base of the duplicolor yellow spray.
                          Then I painted it with the G2. When you add the hardener to it, it congeals and the brush strokes disappear.

I then used a stencil that I had Keith make for me and sprayed it a dark blue.
                          Peeled off the stencil and whalla....The Brembo is now in paint!

How they started after I lightly sanded them:

After base:

You can see where I masked off the seals (cant tell when its mounted):

Then painted the Brembo:

Its got about 3 coats of the duplicolor and two coats of the G2 on them.
                          They look like they have been powdercoated, thats for sure.

I was pretty happy with how it came out...

Last edited by Lampoon; 03-22-2012, 08:40 PM.
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

if I warp these EBC's I just got Im going this route.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                            Originally posted by ahuhn
                            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by 06 6SPD View Post
                              I don't think it works that way, the cobalt calipers have no brackets,t hey bolt directly to the knuckle. They're not like a typical big brake kit with brackets and one caliper that might be able to be used for multiple applications.

As for pads, get them for a cobalt SS/TC ... they might be specific to the car.
                              Oh icic!! I have never pulled any brakes apart so I am a little uneducated as to how they connect and such!! Thanks for the information!!

Comment

What ever works for you man!! That is the beauty of it all!! Anyway, do you have a name for your car? Is it really Zorro? Because that would be an awesome one!!

Also you Brembo guys/gals what pads do you use? Green, Red, Yellow stuff?? Also, I was wondering can we use any brembo calipers as long as they are made to fit the same size disk as the Cobalts??

yes, i often refer to my g6 as the zorro of all g6's lol but also known as veronica

Comment

Working...
                                X