Wrecked my G8. Repairs=$8000.00!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked my G8. Repairs=$8000.00!!!

Lost control in a construction zone near my house. car tailwhipped and I went straight into a median at 45mph. Broke front suspension, damaged front cradle, broke brembo calipers and rotors, poppe ll four tires and vent all four rims.
    On to the pics

\Now on to the good stuff. there are no used parts for this car, so new parts have been ordered and are being delivered this week.
    I got new camaro ss rims and powdercoated them black

I also got new rubber all around and new brembo brakes which i had powdercoated red again.
    I will keep you guys updated. Been 3 weeks already and will be a few more till its done.
    I really do miss my g8.
    2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
    2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
    613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
    New numbers coming soon........

Re: Wrecked my G8. Repairs=$8000.00!!!

Wow man. Sorry to hear this. Glad your ok though.
    Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
    2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

It was fun being airborn. Sucks for my car. After spending $12,000 on making the car how I wanted, i was devastated seeing it in this condition. Its in good hands now and is being brought back to be better then before.
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Glad your ok. Jealous you get to do more stuff to your car. Love the Maro wheels.
        Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

That really sucks good that your ok.

Rims are sick.
          My Progress thread
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Just went to the body shop and the rims look unbeleivable on the car. Only have the rear set on as the front end still needs to be replaced.
            Ill get more pics next week. But progress is upon us.
            In the meantime ill post some videos of the car for your enjoyment

11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

Glad you're ok.

The silver lining is that you get to rebuild, which is always fun, just not on the wallet lol

The black SS wheels are killing them!
              2008 G6 GT Coupe Street Edition
              -debadged
              -12" Polk Audio sub
              -Polk Audio 880 Amp
              -Projectors
              -Angel Eyes
              -Under Construction

Comment

LOL

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Car sounds great! Bummer about the wrechage, but the new new wheels look great.
                  Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Update:
                    Drove the car to the allignment shop and found out the rear knuckles and suspension are bent. Meaning the car is out of allignment by 1.6 degrees.

So ordered new suspension for the rear and passenger front and a new radiator support.

Hopefully next week the car will be together and getting painted.

I also will be installing a TVS2300 supercharger too, so stay tuned.
                    11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

So.... how does one lose control in a 70km/h (45mph) construction zone, get the ass end to hang out and then end up airborne? Were you not paying attention to the road, or were you driving like a total newb? Feel bad for the car in either case...
                      MODS:20% tint, Lumens 6000K HIDs low and fogs, Lumens white LED plate light and reverse lights, Spyder LED/CCFL Halo/Projector headlights, white/white "Switchback" LED rear tail/brake/signals, shorty antenna, debadged hatch and front doors, blacked out grill

Comment

those new wheels are amazing!! was this all covered under insurance ?
                        ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

they were half paved roads. all chewed up. My nitto envos were bald on the inside due to the dealer not knowing how to do an allignment. i realized this after the accident and the tires were past wear bars on the insides.

car breaks tires loose in whatever gear you are in when you give it some gas. Most cases its just a simple chirp. This case, was a serious burn out, where i corrected the tail end to go straight. instead, it tailwhipped and went straight into a median.

Ive driven this car for almost 2 years and am quite capable of handling the car, but with some wet roads, loose pavement, and bald tires, it was a recipe for disaster. I learned and will move on now.

As for the other question, insurance is covering everything. I have all receipts for aftermarket parts and they have taken it into consideration, including the price differences from oem to aftermarket.

When the car is done, i will be installing a tvs2300 with new injectors, 2 aeroforce gauges with a wideband, and hitting the track for new numbers
                          11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

here are some new pics for your enjoyment

11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft

Comment

(Except for no bumper...) damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sexy
                              Mods: GT-R exhaust, CRABs O3 w/FPU, 35% tint, 5000K HID lows/fogs, upper/lower recessed grilles, Racingline strut bar, concept darts, white LED map/dome/mirror/trunk/license/reverse lights

Comment

Working...
                              X