Installation time: Took me 5 hours
    Recommend?: Yes

Pros:
    -Fixed the throttle respond
    -No more engine movement
    -quick pick up
    -fast shipping

Cons:
    It was hard to take the original Damper off because i had to saw out the bolts but after that everything falls in place. No biggie

Additional Notes:
    You will need to buy additional bolts,washer,and thats why i said i wasted a 100 dollars but well worth it thou

I'm posting this mainly because this actually works great for our cars especially with the MMI installed also
    Last edited by G6KinG19; 11-02-2011, 04:42 PM.

Re: NRG Engine Damper Review

Nice review.
    Do you remember what size bolt you used?

And how would you say the car felt after the installation was it similar to when you just put the MMI in?

if have the street MMI thats why i asked thanks
    My Progress thread
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Ha, mine just broke a few months ago, personally im going to fab up my own, not sure how it bolts to the motor but on the 3.6L its a piece of plastic that the damper bolts to, going to make my own out of alum. and get a damper from work that will last
      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

I wouldnt recomend doing this modd without doing MMI's. The damper is more of a supporting modd.
        2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
        Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

All the upgraded ones that I have watched people do sheer off or break....
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
            All the upgraded ones that I have watched people do sheer off or break....
            Ive had mine for about 3 years. I have also had the MMI's just as long. I think the people that do them dont do the inserts. Thats why they breaking. The engine moves to much and it tears them apart.

(Note) Lets just say I am a spirited driver and havnt had any issues...
            2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
            Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

^^ Exactly what i was thinking Before i had MMI my engine moved so much it pulled the Ground wire off the starter. And the car would shut off. I can imagine putting the stiffer damper on and it breaking trying to do the work the MM do.
              My Progress thread
              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Good review!
                Was the damper you purchased for any specific vehicle, or are they generic fit?

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

well i bought the one that said it was for a honda civic but all of them look the same to me so there is not difference really and i have notice a big difference also for example i have the Racing MMI installed before installing this damper and the engine still kinda move. Now that i installed the damper the engine does not move at all and the pull off is wonderful omg the respond is beautiful

Comment

OP - you should prolly update the 'pros' list.
                    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by LB2 View Post
                      Ive had mine for about 3 years. I have also had the MMI's just as long. I think the people that do them dont do the inserts. Thats why they breaking. The engine moves to much and it tears them apart.

(Note) Lets just say I am a spirited driver and havnt had any issues...
                      You should take a look at mine when ur in windsor befor i start take it off
                      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19 View Post
                        Product: NRG Engine Damper
                        Bought from: Ebay.com
                        Date: October 24 2011
                        Price: $100 (with shipping)

Quality of Product: 10 (out of 10)
                        Ease of Use: 10
                        Installation time: Took me 5 hours
                        Recommend?: Yes

Pros:
                        -Fixed my remote responsiveness
                        -No more battles with the remote

-Clear instructions, informative website
                        -Notified by email about delay

Cons:
                        It was hard to take the original Damper off because i had to saw out the bolts but after that everything falls in place. No biggie

Additional Notes:
                        You will need to buy additional bolts,washer,and thats why i said i wasted a 100 dollars but well worth it thou

I'm posting this mainly because this actually works great for our cars especially with the MMI installed also
                        Can you elaborate?
                        06 Black GTP Sedan 3.9L Auto Tap
                        -Eagle eye projectors, 6000K HID
                        -LED Tails
                        -Racingline Performance strut tower brace and MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdork View Post
                          Can you elaborate?
                          like what would you like me to elaborate on?

Comment

Not sure if you saw the bold, my bad.

-Fixed my remote responsiveness
                            -No more battles with the remote

Remote responsiveness as in literally the remote start, or throttle response? No more battles with the remote....?
                            06 Black GTP Sedan 3.9L Auto Tap
                            -Eagle eye projectors, 6000K HID
                            -LED Tails
                            -Racingline Performance strut tower brace and MMIs

Comment

Oh lmao i just copy and paste it from someone else thread hahaha you dont have to worry about anything about the remote nor the battery sorry for the misunderstanding

Comment

Working...
                              X