Goodbye expensive bumper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye expensive bumper...

Pictures are worth a thousand words. I was driving home going 55 around 1am and hit some random crate that must've fallen out of someone's truck. Most of the damage is done to the bumper and scratched the fender a little.

The bumper is totaled now. My insurance is $1000 deductible so basically any accidents are out of pocket unless I nearly total my car. I plan on just buying the OEM bumper to replace it because I can't spend over $1000 for another bumper no matter how nice it is. Hopefully later down the road I can get the GM trim kit to make it stand out.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Re: Goodbye expensive bumper...

ouch! Sorry to hear!

Comment

Wow.... That really sucks.... I'd just give up if that happened to my hood lol

Comment

Wow, what a POS. Sorry bout the luck man, I know it hurts.
        Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

If anyone knows any good deals on front bumper parts, feel free to send me a PM.

I'm going to try and make it bearable until I get it replaced by using my touchup paint on the cracks and spray painting the black trim to black so the white fiberglass doesn't stick out so much.
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

sigpic

Comment

wow that was a big crate damn

Comment

might wanna ask a shop what they would charge to fill and repair the damage and repaint. might be less than trying to get another OEM bumper
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                might wanna ask a shop what they would charge to fill and repair the damage and repaint. might be less than trying to get another OEM bumper
                I had a hard enough time finding someone (not a company) to even fit it on my car. Every business I called wouldn't even touch fiberglass with a 10 foot pole. It cost $300 to fit so I can't imagine how much it is to repair it and paint.
                2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

i wouldn't think that fixing it would be harder than fitting it. fitting is a shitload of work. this would just be sand, fill, paint.

regardless, this is why i didn't get the AIT front bumper when i did mine
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                    i wouldn't think that fixing it would be harder than fitting it. fitting is a shitload of work. this would just be sand, fill, paint.

regardless, this is why i didn't get the AIT front bumper when i did mine
                    I knew the risks involved when I got my AIT bumper. I still think that the OEM would've been totaled as well although it wouldn't have exploded like the AIT bumper did. lol
                    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
                      I knew the risks involved when I got my AIT bumper. I still think that the OEM would've been totaled as well although it wouldn't have exploded like the AIT bumper did. lol
                      Actually, the stock bumper flexes so maybe the damage would be less.

Now, get some fiberglass repair kit from the auto parts store and DIY that fix.
                      Working with fiberglass is easier than you think.
                      Dont get high with the fumes though!!

Comment

its only the small section on the bottom? i see that as easily repairable. still sucks to see it happen tho.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

the AIT is a pos! i love the look on mine but it did the same thing so i fiberglassed some steel rodsd and stuff to hold the structure better then all the fiberglassing, havnt had another prob since! if ya wanna get rid of the fogs ill take em need a new set, gonna try a project!
                          Car: 2007 G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic

Comment

Just sayin.

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=21714
                            2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Working...
                              X