gxp seedan vs neon srt4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gxp seedan vs neon srt4

ran a friends srt4 tonight, was quite surprised at how my stock 6 did.

He has some minor mods...intake, tune, exhaust, and aftermarket intercooler.

Ran twice, first time from about a 25-30 roll, I jumped out and held him off until about 65 then he was coming by me.

Second run was from a 10 roll, again I jumped out and stayed out for a good while until about 85-90 then he came by me.

I think it was a good race, I just have no chance once he gets up in the higher gears and is pushing 15-17lbs of boost.

Tried to get a video but it was very dark and didnt come out good , planning to run during the day next time and ill get some video!
    -Tim
    2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
    2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
    2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
    -5% Tint all around
    -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
    -Racingline STB
    -Eibach Springs
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
    2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Re: gxp seedan vs neon srt4

Nice run
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Comment

Ill have some by the end of this weekend too
      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by timweb View Post
        ran a friends srt4 tonight, was quite surprised at how my stock 6 did.

He has some minor mods...intake, tune, exhaust, and aftermarket intercooler.

Ran twice, first time from about a 25-30 roll, I jumped out and held him off until about 65 then he was coming by me.

Second run was from a 10 roll, again I jumped out and stayed out for a good while until about 85-90 then he came by me.

I think it was a good race, I just have no chance once he gets up in the higher gears and is pushing 15-17lbs of boost.

Tried to get a video but it was very dark and didnt come out good , planning to run during the day next time and ill get some video!

did you have Traction and stability control turned off?
        I ran a friends SRT-4 from a 30 roll, before i turned of TC/SC he would stay even then pull on me around 70.
        After i turned them off, i would pull out a car almost right away and then hold it to about 80 or so when we shut em down.

I'm getting better at the tapshift too, i think I'm starting to learn the power curve a little better so i can judge my gear changes more precisely.

good runs!

Oh, btw, the friends SRT-4 is "stage-1" and bolt on's, whatever that means.

***edit - For clarification, the SRT-4 has a clutch issue, this could explain how i get a jump on him at the begging of the race. He was complaining that with the clutch problem, he wouldn't race me from a stop.
        Last edited by thenumberoned; 09-30-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Quite impressed, the SRT4 is in its sweet spot around 45 mph and should have pulled on you from esp with those mods on the SRT around that speed. As looking you dont have any tunning done to your 3.6L from your signature.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Thats almost all you see on WW are SRT's of some sort. I know a lot of people with them so I have ran a few modded ones. Even the nicely modded ones dont pull on me untill after 60mph or so. If they are stock or lightly modded I can take them. I ran a guy in a S/C and cammed 2000ish monte and he barely pulled me. Fun times on good old WW... Tim I think we need to have a go sometime.
            2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
            Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Originally posted by LB2 View Post
              Thats almost all you see on WW are SRT's of some sort. I know a lot of people with them so I have ran a few modded ones. Even the nicely modded ones dont pull on me untill after 60mph or so. If they are stock or lightly modded I can take them. I ran a guy in a S/C and cammed 2000ish monte and he barely pulled me. Fun times on good old WW... Tim I think we need to have a go sometime.
              is that the black monte? I hink I ran him in my gtp.

I'd love to see ur SS vs my GXP, would give me an idea of the difference between my old gtp and the new gxp lol
              -Tim
              2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
              2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
              2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
              -5% Tint all around
              -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
              -Racingline STB
              -Eibach Springs
              2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
              2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

What at in Livonia Rich? When I am home on leave I stay down in either Warren or Algonac area. This summer we should set something up when I come home for leave. It would be fun.
                2008 G6 GT "Vicky" Canucks Lowering Springs all 4 corners, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding kit w/ Alt wire, custom CAI setup, 18" Konig Zero-in Rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-R's, LED Running Boards, LED Foot Holds (front and back) resonator delete w/ Flowmaster Super 44 2.5 in/ dual 2.25 out mid body dump flush. KCR tune, custom paint and custom stitching throughout interior 2 RF P3D410's in spec ported box tuned to 34hz, 1500 watt SSL amp, 2 Farad Cap.

Soon to come: Lower and Upper engine build, complete trans build and hardening, custom turbo setup, custom tune, Concept body kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wojcik View Post
                  What at in Livonia Rich? When I am home on leave I stay down in either Warren or Algonac area. This summer we should set something up when I come home for leave. It would be fun.
                  Warren would be closer I think. You should hit me up this summer. The car seen is really good out here if you know were to go. It would be fun.
                  2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
                  Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Oh trust me i know how the car scene out in MI is in general. Lived there for 20 years from when I was born to my first PCS out so yeah lol. Hell yeah I will hit you up when I am in town. It shall be fun lol.
                    2008 G6 GT "Vicky" Canucks Lowering Springs all 4 corners, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding kit w/ Alt wire, custom CAI setup, 18" Konig Zero-in Rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1-R's, LED Running Boards, LED Foot Holds (front and back) resonator delete w/ Flowmaster Super 44 2.5 in/ dual 2.25 out mid body dump flush. KCR tune, custom paint and custom stitching throughout interior 2 RF P3D410's in spec ported box tuned to 34hz, 1500 watt SSL amp, 2 Farad Cap.

Soon to come: Lower and Upper engine build, complete trans build and hardening, custom turbo setup, custom tune, Concept body kit.

Comment

Working...
                    X