Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Cruise Control to Value Leader

Hi,

I am looking to add cruise control to my 2008 G6 value leader. I have read using search and realize it is not as easy as buying a new steering wheel and just plug and play possibly re-program.

So, I already have a steering wheel with controls and everything from a friend's G6 that bite the dust. So, it is my understanding from what I have read that there are no wires for cruise control that goes to the connector on the steering column. After checking that is true, only 2 there which i assume is for the horn. Based on the wiring diagram I have from the Haynes manual there are 3 wires, Pink, Gray and Light Green that go from the BCM to the Air Bag sliding contact in the steering column.

My question is, do you think it is possible to just run those wires from the BCM to the connector and get the pins or sockets needed to add them to the existing connectors? Or is it completely different wiring and connectors on the BCM for the cruise and non-cruise control?

I assume I can get power (Pink wire) from really any source along the way to the BCM, but I need to know where the other 2 go. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or connector pinout for the BCM?

Thanks for your help. If this turns out to be something that can be done, I will put a How-To together if there is anyone else that wants to add cruise control to a value leader.

Re: Adding Cruise Control to Value Leader

If it can be done, Im all for a How-To, parts list and wiring diagram. Life would be easier with cruise control in my car.

Comment

well I got it to work. You only really need to run one new wire through the dash and up the steering column to get it to work but takes a few more to get it work like it would from the factory. I am working on a how-to and will probably have it next weekend. Need to figure out where to get power for the back lights.

Parts list:
      New Steering wheel with controls and wiring harness.
      Small gauge wire, 20 or 22 AWG at 4 or 5 feet depending on how you run the cable.
      Terminals. Both ends of the wires will have Delphi Micro Pack 64 Terminals. BCM side will have the round ones found here, you only need 1 or 2, but extras are always good if you mess up:

The steering wheel side you need the square terminals, i have yet to find where to buy them. Dealers have them and the one here allowed me to look for them, but there are thousands of terminals to look through. Also, you can get these from a junkyard and just cut up a wiring harness. The old wheel provides 2 you can use ( assuming you get a new harness with the new wheel ) that is what I did and why I don't have back lights yet, need one more square terminal.

Comment

Any update on this? I'd like to do it on mine. Could you share how you did it?

Comment

When I did my 2009 all I did was change the steering wheel and it worked fine for me, no extra wires were needed.
          The radio controls did not work but the CD player died on the factory radio so it was not a problem.

Disconnect battery so the Air Bag will not go off on you.

Comment

Working...
          X