Need help. Hopefully lampoon knows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help. Hopefully lampoon knows.

Ok so question about my intake. I took it off to get work done and didnt want to effect warranty. I drove about 2 weeks without it and my car was acting up. Lose of power, car was like pulsing when at red lights. I took it in they said maybe dirty injectors or throttle. So spent 110$ to get it all clean and still the same. Put intake back on and it was even worse. Gotta press gas all the way down for it to move once pass 40 miles per hr then its fine. But when i keep a constant speed like at 75 i can feel it hesitating back and fourth. Injen says cause i switched intake and stock it messed up fuel ratio. He said put back to stock, disconnect battery drive for awhile. so it resets. Then put intake on disconnect battery and drive around. I dont know whats going on. Sorry for the long message.

Re: Need help. Hopefully lampoon knows.

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
    Told ya the Injen would get ya! But noooooooooooooooooooooo you wouldnt believe me!! lol

That injen requires you playing with the MAF. It wasnt damaged was it??

Make triple sure its ALL connected up correctly. Sounds like an intake leak.
    Is the return line hooked up??

Disconnect battery for 15 min.....let it discharge. If you hook it back up and have the same problem run it by somewhere to read if its throwing any codes.

Might be a different unrelated problem.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Sounds like it could be your catalytic converter, if it's not your intake. My truck did the same exact thing when the cat went bad. You could hear the honeycomb material in it slush around while making turns.

I'm running an Injen and it's fine on my 3.5. Like Lampoon said, unplug your battery for 15 minutes and make sure everything is connected well. Oh ya, and make sure your MAF isn't damaged because it's a sensitive component.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Is there a way to reset.computer besides battery? Cause that didnt work.

Comment

No, that should of cleared it up if everything else is normal. Looks like either your intakes leaking/not hooked up correctly, MAF is bad, or your Catalytic coverter is bad, which I doubt since you have a 2008 and live in Cali.

Try leaving the battery unplugged for a while. I would suggest putting on the stock air intake, and leaving the battery diconnected for at least an hour.

Comment

sounds like what happened to me when i installed the crab intake. just make sure your intake is all tightened up especially at the couplings. when it happened to me one of my connections was loose and the intake wasnt breathing properly and i had the same syptoms. but after i tightened it up everything was fine.

Comment

But the symptoms are happening when its stock. Thats y i put the intake back on. Tonight im putting it back to stock and diaconnecting battery. Thanks for advice ill keep u updated.

Comment

Working...
              X