2011 Maxima, Mustang GT500, and my G6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Maxima, Mustang GT500, and my G6

I will start by saying right up front - at no point did I think this would be remotely competitive and I got left in the dust... on with the story

I was going along a small road that quickly turns into a 4 lane highway, so people push it through the last few lights to try and get to the highway portion of the road. I had a buddy in the car and we liked the looks of the Maxima, so I was just trying to keep up when he took off from each light so we could look at it and hear it. Once we reach the highway we could hear is car hit WOT (cvt sounds so wacky when you punch it) and he took off. I kept up at a distance just for fun, he was going faster than my limiter. At one point the traffic parted, and sitting in one of the middle lanes was a GT500 just cruising along. I had not slowed down at all, but the Maxima began to, so I went to a right lane, Maxima in the left lane and we split the GT500. I kept an eye on my rearview mirror and saw the GT500 start gaining... FAST. I told my friend to hold on for the coolest thing he has ever seen... the GT500 FLEW past like we were sitting still even though I had not slowed down at all. It was impressive, we had the windows down already to hear the Maxima, I'm glad we did because the sound of a GT500 going that fast was glorious. Just thought I would share
    See my progression here http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20759

Tint, drilled rotors, GM body kit

Have a GM Body Kit? Join the club!http://www.g6performance.com/forum/group.php?groupid=19

Re: 2011 Maxima, Mustang GT500, and my G6

Nothing beats the sound of that beefy V8 with a nice exhaust

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I just rode with my uncle in his 2011 GT500 last night. Fastest car I'd ever been in. We easily got to 125 in 4th gear. Greatest day of my life...
      Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

You should see one of these fly past ya....

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
          You should see one of these fly past ya....

Showoff!!
          sigpic
          MY PROGRESSION:
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

^eh still a mustang...... ;-)
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X