Douche Nozzle + Ice Bag + My GTO = GRRRRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Douche Nozzle + Ice Bag + My GTO = GRRRRR

Had a fun day today. I'm staying out in Narragansett, RI for vacation for the week, been here since Saturday, took the GTO out with me. After dinner today I decide to go out for a quick spin down Ocean Ave which hugs the coastline, awesome view especially around sunset. This is a area with lots of beaches and people always crossing the road...

Well. Apparently some douchenozzle couldn't wait till they got home to empty out the ice from their cooler or really hates GTO's or something. Was going around a sharp corner and was watching the car that was 10 car lengths in front of me since they slowed for the corner, when all of a sudden SMACK. Someone in one of the 3 dark SUV's going the other way chucked a chunk of ice out their window. An entire bag of ice or something. Pulled over initially not knowing WTF happened, only say my windshield was completely wet and ice on it.. not realizing till after I got out that it was cracked so I didn't get a plate or anything. Couldn't find whatever flew at me either, must have gone into the woods or something.

It's cracked through on both sides all around impact zone, and only on side or just cracks in the glass not the plastic stuff in some place. Don't want to drive at all with this and I'm hoping it doesn't rain. I got towels on it on both sides for now, no rain in forecast. Hoping they can get out here quick and replace it since I'm 2-3 hours drive from home.

First picture doesn't show it well but 2nd and 3rd are better, spiders all the way from top to bottom in multiple places. It was getting dark when I took it (8:30-9pm).

2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Douche Nozzle + Ice Bag + My GTO = GRRRRR

Man i'm sorry to hear that, I would be PISSED. Insurance cover it?
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Yea full coverage. Already filed a claim. They're going to have a local company that will come to me call me tomorrow morning and set up a appointment and stuff. Hopefully they have GTO's windshield in stock because I can't drive 2-3 hours home on the highway with it. If they can't the insurance said they can call one or two other shops, worst off I can get it towed back home by AAA or insurance.
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

damn - sorry to hear that! Wish you could have found out who it was. good thing is you were not hurt or wrecked. Keep us posted
        Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

ouch that sucks!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

to relieve the pain of those pics, i slammed my dick in a door. Pics look rough bud heres to a speedy recovery
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Well, I didn't go to the lengths Crimson did but I certainly understand and agree with his sentiments
              CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

The blows. Why does it seem like all the shit happens to the cool people on here? Why can't some of the douches get what the deserve?
                1972 F100
                1978 Twinstar
                1992 Miata
                2014 Mustang

Comment

Sorry to see. That really sucks hard.
                  Current Mods
                  245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
                  Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

omg! That sucks. People are unbelievable
                    2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Heres to a new windshield.. clear from any pits, scratches, bugs, and flying ice bags!!

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                        The blows. Why does it seem like all the shit happens to the cool people on here? Why can't some of the douches get what the deserve?
                        Oh sure, wish bad luck on me

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Worse than I thought. Today I noticed theres two cracks that go from the upper passenger side to the impact zone and a couple that go to the top driver side and of course bottom driver side near the impact zone. <3 Safety glass.

Also the shop just called. Apparently the place that's doing it is coming from Massachusetts, since their local shop (chain) in Warwick didn't have the part or something. They're going to let me know tomorrow by 9am when they're coming but it will be tomorrow.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Well, enjoy the rental Aveo!

Seriously, any chance there's structural damage to the car? Hopefully not!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DroptopDiamond View Post
                              Well, enjoy the rental Aveo!

Seriously, any chance there's structural damage to the car? Hopefully not!
                              No rental. Have my parents car if need to go anywhere. Just the windshield nothing else got hit so no other damage.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Working...
                              X