Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would people be interested in getting coilovers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would people be interested in getting coilovers??

I was sitting around thinking about getting new springs/shocks and I had always wanted coilovers. I have not spoken to any companies about it as they are not a direct fit. BUT, maybe we can get some people to talk to whoever makes the coilovers that fit the G6 and we can try and get a group buy if there is enough interest?? Let me know what everyone thinks of this idea.
    Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
    Lowering springs or coilovers.

Re: Would people be interested in getting coilovers??

I already have Megan Racing coilovers. Its like 99% bolt up. An idiot can do it.
    1972 F100
    1978 Twinstar
    1992 Miata
    2014 Mustang

Comment

i think a lot of people would be interested but as soon as they hear the price the interest goes way down
      Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
        I already have Megan Racing coilovers. Its like 99% bolt up. An idiot can do it.
        pics...
        sigpic
        Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
        Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
        Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

nevermind, found the thread you posted pics in.
          sigpic
          Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
          Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
          Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

$835 + the cost of three bolts, nuts, and 10 washers. Overall, not that bad.
            1972 F100
            1978 Twinstar
            1992 Miata
            2014 Mustang

Comment

If you think about the cost, it wouldn't be that much considering it would cost a few hundred more than getting new springs and shocks. Plus its a better ride and handling than lowering springs. I haven't contacted any companies, just trying to see if people think it could work.
              Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:

Comment

To be honest; No. They won't make them for the G6. Just buy some for a Saab 9-3. They fit you just need to flip a camber plate. Literally 4 screws. Then you just need the bolts to attach them to the car.
                1972 F100
                1978 Twinstar
                1992 Miata
                2014 Mustang

Comment

I wanna see these Saturday!

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

They'll be there. If you want to pay for an alignment ($50) I'll bring the wrench set and we can adjust them.
                    1972 F100
                    1978 Twinstar
                    1992 Miata
                    2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                      They'll be there. If you want to pay for an alignment ($50) I'll bring the wrench set and we can adjust them.
                      Probably won't be necessary, what is your dropped height currently?..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Where it felt good to me. I never measured it. I believe the rear is definitely lower than Eibachs, and the front may be about the same.
                        1972 F100
                        1978 Twinstar
                        1992 Miata
                        2014 Mustang

Comment

I know they don't fit, i thought that we could talk to a company and see what they say, like you said, its just a flip and a few bolts and they fit right in so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. It was just a thought to see what people think.
                          Current mods:

To come:

Comment

The company won't because they have to R&D it. Yes its easy, but if something goes wrong and someone dies they lose more money than they will ever make.
                            1972 F100
                            1978 Twinstar
                            1992 Miata
                            2014 Mustang

Comment

Fair enough. Just thought id throw this idea out there. Thanks.
                              Current mods:

To come:

Comment

Working...
                              X