Review: Airraid Throttle Body Spacer G6 3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review: Airraid Throttle Body Spacer G6 3.6

The sound is differnt, in video you cant hear whistle. I usually get the whistle when i half throttle it. And it does soumd sweet. But thats not why i bought the spacer. I am 100% satisfied with this. My opinion of it actaully increased in time, my gas mileage went up drastically which excited me alot, and perdormance gains are noticeable as well. More than i expected for $130!
    08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe Back, CRABS! Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Emblem Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,

Comment

Originally posted by DJB1209 View Post
      The sound is differnt, in video you cant hear whistle. I usually get the whistle when i half throttle it. And it does soumd sweet. But thats not why i bought the spacer. I am 100% satisfied with this. My opinion of it actaully increased in time, my gas mileage went up drastically which excited me alot, and perdormance gains are noticeable as well. More than i expected for $130!

I really want you to get an in car driving video so I can hear it under load. I'm sure I could hear it then. And what kind of mpg gains are you claiming?
      07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
      05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

At least 2 mpg
        08 GXP COUPE, Dual Bluetooth/IPOD Stereo, Black Spyder Halo Headlights w/ 10K HID's, Muffler Removal w/ Straight Y Pipe Back, CRABS! Intake Option 3 With FPU, Black Emblem Overlays, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Custom Ram Air Through Lower Grille,

Comment

Where can this be purchased?

Comment

the car computer is not a reliable measure of increase or not. thats a terrible judge of improvement. fill up a tank, reset trip, run it down and then fill up and divide. THAT is your MPG.
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

It can be purchased on ebay, airraid website, autoanything.com, lots of places search it on google. And the mpg thing you could be right, but ill try it out

Comment

i got this about the same time you did and i notice a better throttle response and a slight whistle but your got to listen for it cause its not super loud or anything but as for mpg it stayed the same and a little better but for sure didn't loose any.
                worth 130 and 10 min installation

Comment

Could you measure the thickness of the spacer in mm ans reply back with the measurement? You said its the 3.6 one right?
                  Wife: 09 Malibu LTZ 3.6L
                  K&N filter, modified stock air box and MAF, and custom intake piping (done, but needs more perfecting). Working on custom engine damper and mount (stock mount on engine is plastic and flex's terribly). Also about to port a TB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Me: 06 Focus ST 2.3L
                  Balance shaft delete, Cosworth CAI, FRPP (Borla) catback, poly dog-bone trans mount bushings, 89oct SCT tune
                  Had a Cosworth header and 93oct tune at one point.

Comment

I will deff me picking this up! Does this need the CRAB intake install before or can I mount this onto the stock crap?

Comment

Working...
                    X