Mail Strike??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Strike??

Ok....the US Post office wont let me ship up there.
    Says Canadian Post is on strike....?

Whats up???
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Re: Mail Strike??

Prolly still upset over the Canucks loss
    CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Yup. They were doing 'rotative strikes' to offer 'basic' service... but since the Union and the Government failed to agree, they began an 'official' strike. At work we haven't received any mail since Friday the 10th... No invoices (yay)... but no Cheques either (doh).

Harper (prime minister) have proposed an law to bring them back to work. It may (and probably will, since his party has more than 50%) be voted Thursday and be applied Friday (24). Canada Post may be fully operationnal Monday (27) since the 24 is an official holiday in the province of Quebec.

Basically it *should* be 'solved' on the 24.
      Not installed yet:
      Unique Coatings LED angel eyes

Current extras: Unique Coatings HID low and fogs, Crab Intakes CAB Option 3, Redline QuickLIFT Elite, Floor Mats, Custom Vinyl (GM PN 12498595), 2-Way Advanced Remote Start (GM PN 19156553), Cargo Area Tray (GM PN 17800736)

Comment

Ok...thanks. please let me know if things change earlier.

MODS:

Comment

yea it's annoying... specially since i'm waiting for something for the 6 that i think only a couple other people have done on this board lol
          Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

lol I'm still waiting for my last paycheck from my previous employer..they sent it mail

Comment

Technically they're no longer on strike. They are locked out, which is different.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Did something change or are you just educating us on the nomenclature?

MODS:

Comment

No, they were never on complete strike. They were doing rotating partial strikes at particular locations throughout the country. The union gave 72 hours notice of a full strike (as required by law), but before they were actually able to go on strike, Canada Post locked out the employees.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

As per a more accrate description of the actual Canada Post service from other fellow memers of this forum, the service has not come back yet...
                    Not installed yet:
                    Unique Coatings LED angel eyes

Current extras: Unique Coatings HID low and fogs, Crab Intakes CAB Option 3, Redline QuickLIFT Elite, Floor Mats, Custom Vinyl (GM PN 12498595), 2-Way Advanced Remote Start (GM PN 19156553), Cargo Area Tray (GM PN 17800736)

Comment

this sucks the company i ordered some stuff from is up there FML

Progression Page
                      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21103

"PONTIAC" 3rd brake light overlay
                      painted engine and battery covers
                      K&N intake
                      Decepticon badges (to be installed after painting)
                      red GT and G6 badges (to be installed)
                      grounding kit
                      wires

Future Mods
                      tower brace
                      spoiler
                      stripes

Comment

Federal back to work legislation was passed by parliament today (yes, on a Saturday). The legislation has to go through the senate now, but mail service should be up some time next week

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Thanks fro the update....got some itchy crabs that are ready to head that way.

please post up any changes or updates. Thanks!!

MODS:

Comment

First the Canadian Postal Union went on a rotating strike. They wanted to slow down the service but not stop it completely so there is some public support. When the rotating strike hit some of the major cities where the volume are greatest, Canada Post management locked them all out in order to pressure the government to pass a back-to-work legislation and impose a forced contract which in the current economic climate will likely favor the corporation.

Comment

Legislation passed through the senate today, and they should be back to work tomorrow. Mail should start moving by Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X