Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too those that think front bumper intakes are a good idea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too those that think front bumper intakes are a good idea....

I just got home from the biggest fuck up of my life. I drove through a puddle that was about 14 inch deep, right after a ford fusion. My car stopped dead ass in the middle of the puddle and my engine stopped running. I push the car out and check things out. Take the intake tube off of the throttle body and water is everywhere. Our cars can suck water! I was so pissed and then I move the car into a parking spot only to find shit loads of coolant under the car. So I have either cracked the block, head, or blown a head gasket. Take it from me, take that 20 seconds and check and see how deep the water is!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Too those that think front bumper intakes are a good idea....

What kind of intake do you have!? With the regular CRAB's system this should never be a problem unless your driving through like 5 feet of water.
    07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
    05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

either doctor speed or an ebay ntake
      Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
      JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

It was custom. I had a 90 degree turn in the front bumper and then a 9 inch filter mounted over the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRedDemon View Post
          It was custom. I had a 90 degree turn in the front bumper and then a 9 inch filter mounted over the pipe.
          So just like the Injen design? CRABS, K&N and the eBay intakes should be fine for scenarios like that. 14 inches doesn't seem that deep.
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
          GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
          Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

All I know is that my motor is fucked

Comment

next time idle thru puddles!!

Comment

yah if you have a fender well intake setup. you will suck up water. now if you had the Dr. Speed Intake Option 3 (heat shield and K&N filter), CRAB Intake or the K&N Typhoon you wouldn't have to worry about sucking up water unless you were over 2feet of water.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

those lower quarter panel ducts have no answer for water but that must have been
                  deep...?

Then again all engines can die like that depending on how deep the water is.

I was very concerned about that when looking at intakes.
                  Crabs actually puts your duct higher than stock. The water level would have to be deep
                  enough to almost submerge the whole engine to ingest water.

Sorry to hear about that....
                  please let us know the diagnosis.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Well... I took the G6 in today and got it looked at. I blew something out of the bottom of the block and threw the oil pan and the motor hydrolocked. $ 6, 500 So I will have a 2005 Pontiac g6 with perfect paint, perfect interior, new tires, and a zero mileage motor for a $500 deductible. Thank the Lord for insurance. I knew I took good care of this thing for a reason. Its like its going to be new again!

Comment

Do they reset your odometer when that happens?
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                        Do they reset your odometer when that happens?
                        I really wish! lol The transmission is the next thing to go I bet. It's doing the whole shutter thing into second gear.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRedDemon View Post
                          I really wish! lol The transmission is the next thing to go I bet. It's doing the whole shutter thing into second gear.
                          You can argue that the tranny has water inside via the tranny vent!!!

Comment

I would have shat myself if it would have cost me $6,500 to fix mine when THIS happend to me!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                            I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I know this is too little too late, but If I was to do a custom lower-grill ram-air setup, I would not do it without one of these installed:

AEM’s patented air bypass valve virtually eliminates the chance of hydro-lock in the event your AEM intake filter becomes submerged in water.

That totally sucks to hear, man.
                              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                              SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X