g6 gtp coupe 6 speed manual versus grandprix gxp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g6 gtp coupe 6 speed manual versus grandprix gxp

my girl in her g6 race me in my gp gxp from a 30 roll, of course the gxp won but the g6 had a better start for itself then i thought. right after the third honk i shift down and just pulled away and kept going. g6 sounded pretty good though
    2007 grand prix gxp- airbox mod, wrapped crossover,flipped motor mount.
    2006 g6 gtp six speed coupe( gfs car)- burnt orange color, led interior lights, cartex catback ( resonator and dual mufflers)

Re: g6 gtp coupe 6 speed manual versus grandprix gxp

The g6 can't keep up stock. Although with just an intake it can keep up with an impala SS with the 3.8 Supercharged engine.
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

THe g6 GXP beats the chevy impala ss 5.3L 0-60 and 1/4, the GP GXP is a little fast 1/4 but slower 0-60//
      The GTP G6 will beat the GP GTP for sure stock to stock.
      Big weight difference.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconaGT View Post
        THe g6 GXP beats the chevy impala ss 5.3L 0-60 and 1/4, the GP GXP is a little fast 1/4 but slower 0-60//
        Big weight difference.
        You may want to rethink this

sent from my wireless telegraph machine

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

The problems with the stock times for the ls4 cars is that they wouldn't hook up , but with better and wider tires the ls4 cars would win. Shoot my friend had an MCSS with the 5.3 not stock to remind you. When he launched his front tires would hop about an inch in the air with a fwd car.
          Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconaGT View Post
            Big weight difference.
            Owned a 97 gp gtp before my g6, and the gp will beat the g6 and I maybe wrong but I believe they're around the same weight
            2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

My stock Gxp runs 0-60 in 5.8 seconds - 6.2 seconds depending on launch, quarter mile is close to 14.3-14.5

04-07 GP GTP Stock 1/4 times are 14.4 - 14.7 seconds (0-60) - 6.3 sec - 6.7 seconds
              05-08 GP GXP stock 1/4 times are 13.9 -14.2 seconds (0-60) - 5.7 sec - 6.2 seconds
              97-03 GP GTP Stock 1/4 times are 15.4 - 15.7 seconds (0-60) - 7.1 sec - 7.3 seconds

G6 GTP 3.9L Stock 1/4times are 15.1 - 15.3 seconds (0-60) - 6.6 sec - 7.0 seconds

06-09 Impala SS stock 1/4 times are 14.7 - 15.1 seconds (0-60) - 6.1 sec - 6.5 seconds

Courtesy of Autorooster

Comment

My friends 06 MCSS ran 13.7 1/4 consistently with just better tires.
                Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Most stock tires are junk for track!

Comment

Working...
                  X