This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g6 vert vs eclipse gt

Well, u would think a vert wouldnt stand a chance against anything, but, from a 45 roll on I5 the eclipse got me in the straight but he was to afraid to take a bend at more than 90, myself on the other hand took it at 116 and he was seeing my tail lights after that. mind u my top was down and my car is about 4500 lbs
    2007 G6 'Vert. mods: custom short ram air intake, jet stage 2 pcm, autolite xd iridium spark plugs, 185 degree thermostat, 8.5 mm race wire, 5 and 20 window tint.

future mods: lowered (brand undecided), custom 2.5 (maybe 2.75) inch exhaust with cherry bomb extreme and thrush glasspack, MMI and STB, WAMS tune.

Re: g6 vert vs eclipse gt

I thought the curb weight of the vert was 3,800. The vert is 400 pounds heavier than the sedan.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

And that's how people die. Taking turns at 120mph that other cars are afraid to take at 90...
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by streetnu View Post
        Well, u would think a vert wouldnt stand a chance against anything, but, from a 45 roll on I5 the eclipse got me in the straight but he was to afraid to take a bend at more than 90, myself on the other hand took it at 116 and he was seeing my tail lights after that. mind u my top was down and my car is about 4500 lbs
        Racing beyond the limits that a car of that stature should be pushed-you're doing it right.
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

he was to afraid to take it any faster because there is something wrong with his suspension, it sais on the inside of my door that its 4500 lbs
          2007 G6 'Vert. mods: custom short ram air intake, jet stage 2 pcm, autolite xd iridium spark plugs, 185 degree thermostat, 8.5 mm race wire, 5 and 20 window tint.

future mods: lowered (brand undecided), custom 2.5 (maybe 2.75) inch exhaust with cherry bomb extreme and thrush glasspack, MMI and STB, WAMS tune.

Comment

he was to afraid to take it any faster because there is something wrong with his suspension, it sais on the inside of my door that its 4500 lbs
            no one cares why he didn't take it, everyone cares why you took it and faster.... with a 4500 pound car never meant for that speed in a turn....
            sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

thats because i misread the wieght, 4500 is max capacity, 3800 is curb wieght. and it was on the interstate, iv taken that turn faster in a buddies car

Comment

That's curb weight. That's the weight of the car with all fluids, Gas, Washer fluid, everything else can you think of like oil and the like) full, and all seats filled/the max weight you can put inside the car added.
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
                  That's curb weight. That's the weight of the car with all fluids, Gas, Washer fluid, everything else can you think of like oil and the like) full, and all seats filled/the max weight you can put inside the car added.
                  thats what i thought it was but apparently i wrong

Comment

thats because i misread the wieght, 4500 is max capacity, 3800 is curb wieght. and it was on the interstate, iv taken that turn faster in a buddies car
                    your buddies car and your car are two different cars. not to mention, just because he did it once doesn't mean THAT was a safe move either. g6's are good in a straight line...thats about it.
                    sigpic

Comment

that turn is very wide, i admit i took it a bit too fast, but i lived to tell the tale and thats all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                        g6's are good in a straight line...thats about it.
                        barely I will say...barely...

SO basically you won because he braked...nice kill

Comment

i admit i took it a bit too fast, but i lived to tell the tale and thats all that matters
                          You will be able to say that forever until that one time that you dont and it will be too late

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Keep that motto and you'll end up in a body bag. Lost a lot of good friends who were doing the same stupid sh!t. Can't stop you, just hope you don't take out anyone else with ya. . .
                            Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

Nothing very honorable about this war story.
                              2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
                              GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
                              Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X