Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of this ?

Hey guys,

I know on another forum I run the width was set in the coding of the forums. We had the same problem that G6P has with a very limited width and were able to change the code somewhat to make the width sace to the display size ... I didn't do it so I can't be any more specific than that, but would something like that be possible here ?

I have as much black empty space on my screen as I do forum stuff to look at.

thanks

Jay
    sigpic

Re: Any chance of this ?

it is set up in the code....?
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Try zooming in a bit - hold down CTRL and use the mouse wheel to scroll up - will zoom in on the page.
      as far as coding - no clue, I have about 20% black, 10% on each side
      Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

Here is how mine looks.

I know vB can adjust it. You should be able to set it to use the size of the screen.
        1972 F100
        1978 Twinstar
        1992 Miata
        2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
          Here is how mine looks.

I know vB can adjust it. You should be able to set it to use the size of the screen.
          Any idea where I can adjust it ? and if I zoom in all the words and stuff get bigger as well .. I want more words in a given space .. not the same amount but bigger
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, what I meant is that it can be set in the code. An admin has to do it.

This may help fro setting the code.
            1972 F100
            1978 Twinstar
            1992 Miata
            2014 Mustang

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archi...t-343564.html?
              Woot ! so there is hope .. Get on it pooners !
              sigpic

Comment

we have a custom skin...

All these non sponsor members want changes. Sheeeesh!

MODS:

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archi...t-343564.html?
                  Actually that's the opposite of what you're looking for. This is what the forum is current set at... "Fixed and centered" as opposed to fluid.

The skin we have installed set that on its own, the default vbull skin is scalable. I've had a few people comment that they would like a scalable theme before but wasn't able to do it because of theme using it's own styling and css thats different from the main default theme.. and any and all work that is done to modify it would need to be redone every single version update when I update the skins which is just not feasable or practical and make it 10x harder for me to do updates.
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
                    Actually that's the opposite of what you're looking for. This is what the forum is current set at... "Fixed and centered" as opposed to fluid.

The skin we have installed set that on its own, the default vbull skin is scalable. I've had a few people comment that they would like a scalable theme before but wasn't able to do it because of theme using it's own styling and css thats different from the main default theme.. and any and all work that is done to modify it would need to be redone every single version update when I update the skins which is just not feasable or practical and make it 10x harder for me to do updates.
                    Ok then that's cool.

Can we change the skin then ? make it something scalable ? I know in PhPBB that was a relatively easy change.

Pooners, we are just as good and change worthy as sponsoring members. If you get this change made, I'll contribute.
                    sigpic

Comment

Scroll down to the bottom taskbar. You can change the skin on your lower left.

try the vBull default style....

MODS:

Comment

Yeah I know that's going the other way. That's what I was implying by the may help part.

Just switched to the mobile skin, much better.
                        1972 F100
                        1978 Twinstar
                        1992 Miata
                        2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                          Scroll down to the bottom taskbar. You can change the skin on your lower left.

try the vBull default style....
                          I switched to the mobile one ... I won't be able to stand looking at that all day. There is no default Vbull one in the options.
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually ya lol forgot about that. A few of our mods didnt work right with it and i didn't have time to modifiy it to work right or fiture it out. (Default style)
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
                              Actually ya lol forgot about that. A few of our mods didnt work right with it and i didn't have time to modifiy it to work right or fiture it out. (Default style)
                              D'oh ... options ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X