Replaced burned out HVAC lighting with LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced burned out HVAC lighting with LEDs

Very simple swap. I ordered the NEO4 4mm bulbs (3 Red and 1 White) from superbrightleds.com They offer a few different colors. These are the only replacement bulbs I could find anywhere. I first ordered the high power SMD type and they were way to bright. So I would recommend the regular lower power bulbs. They will retain the stock light output.

With the SMD LEDs

With the lower power LEDs

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Re: Replaced burned out HVAC lighting with LEDs

definitely looks good, superbrightleds.com FTW!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

any pics of how you did it?
      Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Came out nice, I honestly never thought of the dash lights going out but def see LED is the way to go to brighten it up!
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I didnt take pics of the install. But I can tell you that its like removing the radio the HVAC control unit is held in by 2 screws and you have to pull back the blue tab on the harness in order to push on the release tab and just pull out the harnesses. Then the only thing you need to do to get the bulbs out is take out the 4 screws and put the 2 white edges on the bottom side that secure the white back housing to the rest of the unit. Also if some bulbs don't turn on take them out and turn where the contacts are the opposite way. Here is a pic of the back of unit.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Comment

Wow very cool ... would you be able to change them to other colors or is there a red color filter on them?

Comment

Im going to go ahead and suggest you make a progression thread, instead of creating a new thread for everything you do.

mmmk thanks

Comment

Very cool and I like that this is a separate thread dedicated to this - if you have any other photo's or a how to would love to get in and change these myself
                Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine View Post
                  ...would you be able to change them to other colors or is there a red color filter on them?
                  ^^^that! or is it like the ones i took off? color filter on the bulb or on the lit area?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33 View Post
                    Im going to go ahead and suggest you make a progression thread, instead of creating a new thread for everything you do.

mmmk thanks
                    I created this thread to contribute information on where to get replacement bulbs and what type to use and eventually how to replace the bulbs not to spam up the boards with my progression. Maybe I should have been more clear and specified that. K Thanks

I will take more pics and make a how to for this.

There is a colored cover on the original bulb that gives it its red light output. So yes you can change the bulbs to whatever color you would like.

Here are some pics of the stock bulbs. The clear one is for the temp control button on the auto control unit.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response and the pictures.

Comment

how many total lights are in there?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

In my auto climate control I had 3 red and one white. should be the same for the standard control as well.

Comment

Note from mod: Please do not post links to other sites here. We are not here to advertise your site. Thanks.
                            Last edited by determined419; 11-30-2011, 09:40 PM. Reason: Post deleted due to spam

Comment

Very beautiful!I want to do like this!
                              DO NOT POST LINKS TO SELL IN YOUR SIGNATURE

Comment

Working...
                              X