This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had some fun in the 6 last night!!!

Well like the title says,I was coming hm from the Angels game last night.Great night with the wife,the Angels lost bad and the Dodgers beat the ISH outta the Giants.Anyways was on the 57 north passing the 60,when I crossed path with a newer Honda Civic SI(white & look stock).I seen he was trying to stay on the 57 north and tried to get in front of me..So I step on it,"BECAUSE IF YOU AIN'T FIRST,THEN YOUR LAST"!!!

Anyhow I start to get up to 80 and see him coming up quick,he see's an open lane and jump into it and stays even with me.Then the fun starts,I take the jump to test if he is game!Of course he bites,and were off from 80 to 120.Since I jumped first I had him by my front fender,second time he jumped and had me by 2 to 3 cars.At this point were passing the 10 and nothing but open road up ahead,at this point we were dead even to 90 and he walks away I get up to 120 again.But he is at least 4 to 5 cars ahead,and I decide to shut it down for the night.

I'm pretty happy,with the results for being bone stock motor wise!!! Maybe I will get a "CAI AND CATBACK",to see how it reacts with the mods.Who knows maybe a tune in the near future!I know its not a kill story,but its was fun for the time being!LOL
    11 Chevy CCSB Vortec 5.3L
    Airaid mit|6K HIDS|Color match & Debadged
    13 Chevy Malibu EcoTec 2.5L
    8K HID'S , soon to be color match bowties

Re: Had some fun in the 6 last night!!!

Sry i'm calling BS on this because there is no way your car can do 120 with out a tune.
    2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

I think it's possible. There isn't really any data about what trims, engine, year has what limit. Some stop at 110 while others go to 135+. Sad that I have a tune, but haven't given the car a run for it's money.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
      GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
      Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Base 6 with the LX9: from his info
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
          Base 6 with the LX9: from his info
          My meaning was that we don't have official data to say the speed limit for each type of G6. I know we could create that ourselves by testing it, but we don't know what specific car has what limiter.
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

sigpic

Comment

What car seriously has a limit set to 110?? I think its possible to stay at 120 in a g6. easy. But beatin an SI...not gonna happen without mods.
            Good story though. Definitely SoCal driving.
            - 07 GTP -
            K&N CAI
            Intake Resonator delete
            Eibach Pro-kit LS
            Mevotech Sway Bars
            10K HID Head lights
            Magnaflow
            18" Enkei Falcons
            245x45ZR Hankook Vent's

Comment

Mine is 110. Funny since the cobalts with my motor are 135 iirc.
              1972 F100
              1978 Twinstar
              1992 Miata
              2014 Mustang

Comment

i walk all over SI's. no tune just crab.. once i hit 125 tho thats where i can't go no more.
                2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                  Sry i'm calling BS on this because there is no way your car can do 120 with out a tune.
                  WAT. im pretty sure they will. I'm pretty positive i did it in my GTP. i know its a different motor but i dont think they limited them way down like that
                  sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                    WAT. im pretty sure they will. I'm pretty positive i did it in my GTP. i know its a different motor but i dont think they limited them way down like that
                    my GTP will only hit 115 and it shuts off

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
                      My meaning was that we don't have official data to say the speed limit for each type of G6. I know we could create that ourselves by testing it, but we don't know what specific car has what limiter.
                      I think this is true due to everyone already saying their car shuts off at differant speeds. i have the 3.5 LX9 and i have done 125..
                      Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
                      Interior- Red LED's
                      Performance- CRAB's Option 3, Exhaust
                      Coming up: MMI's, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors

Comment

LZ4 here and i'm limited to 125.
                        07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
                        05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

[FONT="Fixedsys"]
                          Originally posted by danno View Post
                          What car seriously has a limit set to 110?? I think its possible to stay at 120 in a g6. easy. But beatin an SI...not gonna happen without mods.
                          Good story though. Definitely SoCal driving.
                          SoCal driving is always best,
                          Never said I beat him from 80 to 120,since I had the first jump I said I had fender on him.I don't call that "WINNING" OR "BEATING AN SI".The other 2runs he walked right past me,as I stated in the first post.

Actually,this was the first race in the 6,if you wanna call it a race!LOL!!!

I CALL BS ON THE 120 WITHOUT A TUNE!!Makes for a great too fast too furious movie on the net!Lol,that's why my name is Dom and every street light is my 1/4 mile in the 6!!!for the 14 sec im free!!!
                          LMAO
                          Last edited by 1CLEANSUP3RSPORT; 04-12-2011, 09:12 PM.
                          11 Chevy CCSB Vortec 5.3L
                          Airaid mit|6K HIDS|Color match & Debadged
                          13 Chevy Malibu EcoTec 2.5L
                          8K HID'S , soon to be color match bowties

Comment

My GXP shuts down at 115.
                            2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
                            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

It seems like the later models have a lower speed limiter except for the 05 4 cylinder.
                              2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X