This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-To Get Nominated for ROTM

Everyone wants to get nominated for Ride Of The Month, so here is a few pointers on how to get nom'd...
    (some credit goes to Ringo64 for the progression page pointers)

Step one...have a vehicle. It doesn’t need to be a G6, or even a Pontiac, any vehicle can win ROTM

Step two...have a really hot chick in a bikini pose with your vehicle. If you can't manage that, see next step.

Post a picture of your car in your avatar. This can be done through ‘Settings’ -> ‘Edit Avatar’. This will give everyone a general idea of what your car looks like.

Go for a photoshoot. Not everyone lives near beautiful places, but we all have some creativity. With a good angle and positioning of your car, any location can create a great picture. And if you really dont have any great spots to take your car for pictures, everyone has to park their car somewhere when they arent driving. Take some pictures of your car in your driveway, garage, or on your street. And if you don’t have a great camera, that doesn’t matter, just get creative. Post your pictures in Photo Mountain, in the Random Picture Thread, or even in G6 Cell Phone Pix of the Day. Just get your pictures out there.

Start a progression page. Progression pages are a great place for people to track your progress. Even if you arent doing big or expensive mods, we still want to see them.
    Keep your progression page updated and organized. Edit your first thread with all your mods and updates then it will be in the first thread and people don't have to be searching for it in the entire thread. Then post a reply to bump your thread with what you did as well so people can be like "Hey he did something new!"
    Each individual post in a thread has an anchor point (basically a link to just that post) (found by clicking the number in the top right of your post) so you can post your updates as you go in the thread but update the first post (original post) in the thread with a link to that post of the update, so the first post will be an index of your progression thread and link to the posts in your thread that you have updates on.
    Some people also have pictures of their car as it has progressed, or even stock pictures. You can also include a link to your G6P album (see below), photobucket(see below)/flickr/imageshack album(s).

If you have done mods, post them in your signature and/or post a link to your progression page (if you have one), G6P album, Photobucket album (see further down), or other image hosting site suck as Flickr, or Imageshack.

Don't be a douche. Nobody likes douches, and if you want to be one, then don't expect to be nom'd.

One of the best ways to get noticed is by positively contributing to the community, the more active you are, the more likely you are to be noticed. You don't need to be an expert in anything, but if you see something you think is really cool that we should know about, a random thought in your mind, or someone did something great with their car let them know, and hey, you just might learn something new in the process, I know that I have on many occasions.

Please try to avoid posting asking people to nom you, that just seems desperate. If all else fails, PM a friend and ask them to nom you.

And if that fails, I am always accepting donations for nominations
    Or better yet, become a G6P Supporting Member. We rely on our vendors and supporting members to keep the site up and running, and aren't in this for the money and because of that we don't have massive amounts of advertising everywhere which is a great plus to G6P. As a supporting member you get access to a special area of the forum, a special 'Supporter' badge below your name, and can have your very own tag-line below your username. It's a win-win!
    Becoming a supporter is not a guarantee of being nom'd, but the moderators and admins notice things like that, and it is a great way of being noticed.

G6P Album feature:
    The album feature here is a great way to share your car pictures with the G6P community.
    To create an album, go to your profile, then on the left side under "Albums", click on "add album". Pick a title, and description, then chose a privacy setting. Click "save changes", and you have now created your first album.
    On the next page you will be able to upload new pictures, as well as edit the details of your album.
    If you are see a picture that you wish to place in a post, click on the picture, and scroll down and copy the "BB Code" link. The "BB Code" of a picture from one of my albums is...
    [IMG]http://www.g6performance.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=837&d=1302023811[/IMG]
    Paste that code into any post and BAM the picture appears.

To view another users album (if they have one), visit their profile page (click username -> view profile), and if they have any albums created, they will be displayed on the left side of the profile page.

Just a heads up though, some browsers (IE for one) cannot properly display album pictures, which is why I use Photobucket.

Photobucket:
    Photobucket is a free image/video hosting site which allows people to share pictures and videos around the world. There are a number of other free sites out there, some of which may even be better, this just happens to be the one I personally use.

With Photobucket there are two different types of album security; public and private. If you set an album as public anyone can see all of the pictures in that particular album. If you have a private album, you as the album creator can post pictures from it to websites, but people cannot view the entire album without being given links to the pictures individually. Private albums have their positives and negatives. On the positive side, you can limit peoples ability to see all of your pictures, but on the down side people also cant see all of your (car) pictures at once. This makes it harder for people to see what you have, and makes it potentially less likely that you may be nom’d.

To get to someone elses Photobucket album (if you want to see all their pics to nom them), you need to have a URL of a picture from their account. We will use a picture from one of my public albums as an example... (copy/paste the URL into your browser to see the picture)
    http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae12/06GTBORN2SKI/06%20GT%20Progression/IMGP98322.jpg

You will see that the picture is called “IMGP98322.jpg”, and the album is called “06%20GT%20Progression” (or “06 GT Progression” in non url language), and my username on Photobucket is “06GTBORN2SKI”.

If you remove the image name from the url thus making it
    http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae12/06GTBORN2SKI/06%20GT%20Progression/, you will get an error. At the beginning of the url, you will see “i952.photobucket...”, change the “i” to an “s” and hit enter. You will now be taken to my album called “06 GT Progression”.
    So the URL we have now is as follows...
    http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae12/06GTBORN2SKI/06%20GT%20Progression

If you remove “06%20GT%20Progression” from the URL you will be taken to the main page of all my Photobucket albums. We now have...
    http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae12/06GTBORN2SKI/

If you try any of these and are asked for a password, the album is private, and you will not be able to view any of the contents of the album without a direct link to the picture(s).

If you have a Photobucket album and are wondering how to post pictures/videos to G6P (or anywhere), go to the file which you wish to post, and find the "[img]http://www.........[/img]" code and paste that into your post.

You can also check out this how-to from LoJack963 for more information on using Photobucket:
    PhotoBucket, How-To upload and link pictures to sites.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead
Working...
X