Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

installing the new 2010 oem radio in my 06 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing the new 2010 oem radio in my 06 :)

so i bought a 2010 oem pontiac g6 radio. ( yes yes i know the harnesses are different) BUT! i need your help guys! i need someone with a 2010 g6 to take a picture of the radio harness. i plan on wireing two harnesses together to attempt to see if i can do the swap! i know a ton of you want to do this. so im willing to take pictures the whole way through! and tell u if it works out! i just need to see a picture of what a 2010 radio harness looks like. im pretty sure i found the one i need but i wanna be sure. anyone wanna help a guy out? ill give you half the credit!

Re: installing the new 2010 oem radio in my 06

Sorry, can't help you but thanks for TOFTT. You !
    Current Mods
    245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
    Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Sorry man, that's a little too much work for me.

I don't believe this has been done yet though. Did you pick up one with the USB?

Comment

na, i wanted that one but got the one with aux. maybe if it works ill upgrade! wish me luck! i ordered the harness!

Comment

UPDATE! got the new 2010 AC manual controls fedex today, PLUG AND PLAY BABE! they plug directly into the 2006 harness! wahoooo!

Comment

Did you test it out fully? Any issues with the AC controls?

Comment

fully works! tested everything even lights up i bought the ac controls on ebay, they only cost me $8. was a steal cause its brand new!

Comment

and they are the manual one right? not the electronic one with climate control? please elaborate what you upgraded from and what you have now. thanks, i would love some pics too.
                Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                sigpic
                Progression Page
                Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

also, for the 2010 radio, remember that the DIC isnt in the radio unit, its programmed into the spedometer area where it says the milage of the car and whatnot.
                  Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                  sigpic
                  Progression Page
                  Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac

Comment

i had the manual controls in my 06, bought the manual 2010 controls and they plugged right in, i know about the DIC, im willing to sacrifice it for now..... i plan on figuring out how to install the new Dash soon after i get the radio up and running

Comment

the spedometer dash setup is going to be extremely difficult to wire up, maybe Chris (GTPrix) can help you with any potential programming issues there.
                      sigpic
                      Progression Page
                      Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac

Comment

that would be great, i still have to pull it apart and take a look at it....

Comment

update: just got the harness that goes into radio today, going to do the wire-up this week. ill post pics if it works!

Comment

please post pics cuz if this works that craziness.
                            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

GUESS WHAT FELLOW 2010 G6 FANS THAT OWN A 06

WIRED UP THE HARNESS TODAY ( 30$ FROM A ONLINE STORE)

WORKS LIKE A CHARM! I NOW HAVE THE 2010 RADIO IN MY 06! ALL FOR UNDER 100$ INCLUDING THE RADIO! (60$ ON EBAY)

HAVE TOO GO ACTIVATE THE RADIO AT THE DEALERSHIP BUT EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD

Comment

Working...
                              X