This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can we improve ROTM?

Thanks Jim, Im gonna do this when i have a spare second.
    Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
    sigpic
    Progression Page
    Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
    Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

I like your idea, I think i'm going to try and clean my thread up a bit.
      07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
      05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Allow Chrysler's to win ROTM

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
        2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
        Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

It's ride of the month, not G6 of the month, so nothing saying you can't

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

can anybody that asks or begs to be nominated for rotm, can they automatically be banned from running in that months voting...too many people beg for someone to nominate them

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

ROTM Calendar???

I have about 15 left from the last order.
              Kinda sucks eating em...but they are tolerable with katsup.
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

YAY the garage is here everyone post your best pictures into your garage so everyone can see them

CARDOMAIN ................ PROGRESSION
                08 G6 GXP 20/10% tinted windows including 10" 10% brow,
                Crabs Intake Opt. 3 w/ FPU, Angel Eye Halo Projector Head Lights,
                Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Powder coated grilles, Raceingline STB,
                & Riken Raptors ZR 245/45-18's.
                TO BE INSTALL:
                Cquence Rotors, ceramic brake pads & paint calipers black
                92 LX Notchback mustang ~ Mods: 50 series flowmaster exhaust, 373 gears
                LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2006 G6 GT
                http://www.epicimpressionsphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by EpicRed View Post
                  YAY the garage is here everyone post your best pictures into your garage so everyone can see them
                  WOOT im doin that right now

Comment

for another request being met!!!
                    Once again, great work Erik, the site wouldnt be what it is without you.

Now to just work on getting all the winners a case of beer

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                      ...great work Erik, the site wouldnt be what it is without you...
                      X2...
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17 View Post
                        can anybody that asks or begs to be nominated for rotm, can they automatically be banned from running in that months voting...too many people beg for someone to nominate them
                        never done me any good.

Do I still hold the record for most noms/losses? No big deal anyways.
                        ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                        .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

I have a suggestion what about modifying ROTM to GOTM (garage of the month) or PTOTM (progression thread of the month). That way it would be more about a body of work. IE how far the car has come, better pics taken ect. That way its a bigger deal to win and maybe a bit harder to get nomed. Just a thought......

BTW I like the new garage thing :
                          ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                          .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

True Joe. It sucks to have a nice car with $4-5g in classy, well done modding and lose to a car straight off the lot, or popularity.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by FLRNEMT View Post
                              True Joe. It sucks to have a nice car with $4-5g in classy, well done modding and lose to a car straight off the lot, or popularity.
                              Well said sir....x2
                              sigpic
                              MY PROGRESSION:
                              http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

One of the reasons that the mods list is now being included (it wasn't until a few months ago) is to try to make ROTM more about the amount of work that people have put into their vehicle. That being said, no matter what you call it, there will ALWAYS be less modified rides being nominated for whatever reason.

The differentiation between "Ride of the Month" and "Garage of the Month" is almost negligible (IMO), and would ultimately serve minimal purpose to change the name to that even with the new garage feature.

If we were to change it to "Progression Thread of the Month", then we are essentially excluding everyone who hasn't modified their vehicle, which in my opinion, isn't really fair. While there are a number of inexpensive mods that can be done, not everyone has the time or money to devote to modifying their vehicle in a way that could allow them to compete with some of the more heavily modified rides here.

Also, no matter what we call it, or how we set it up, people will vote for their own reason. You may not agree with how other people vote, but it is ultimately their vote and they are free to vote for whoever they wish, and for whatever reason they want.

In the end, ROTM is about showing recognition for having a great ride. Whether someone spends lots of money on expensive rims and a killer sound system, is able to come up with some new and exciting mod that nobody has done before, is able to give their 100k+ mile car a mirror paint finish, or does a photoshoot which embodies everything that tuners live for, our members should ALL be able to compete for the recognition which they have earned, whether you personally think they deserve it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X