Re: How can we improve ROTM?

Free tee shirt for the winner?
    1972 F100
    1978 Twinstar
    1992 Miata
    2014 Mustang

Comment

I like Philicity's idea. If there is any way make a subsection in the Progression Area for people to post a Garage thread with their car and when anything changes, they can just got back and update it. No posts from other people. Just a list of mods and a couple of pictures. I think this would be a fantastic idea and would make searching for the person a thousand times easier. If the person u wanna nom doesnt have a garage thread, then tough poop, they dont get nom'd.
      Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
      sigpic
      Progression Page
      Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
      Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I like Philicity's idea. If there is any way make a subsection in the Progression Area for people to post a Garage thread with their car and when anything changes, they can just got back and update it. No posts from other people. Just a list of mods and a couple of pictures. I think this would be a fantastic idea and would make searching for the person a thousand times easier. If the person u wanna nom doesnt have a garage thread, then tough poop, they dont get nom'd.
        EXACTLY in the other fourms they do have section where you add your mods and keep adding them as you go kinda like car domain.

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post
        This would be a great idea, but way too hard to implement now. I think that in order to be a ROTM you need to put your pictures out there, and draw someones attention, you shouldn't have to go hunting for your ROTM nom...they should come to you lol.
        And I can understand your point but it kinda sounds like it would turn into a lot of begging and I think it would cause havoc & it wouldn't be fun anymore OR an honor. It's nice to sign in & see that someone has nominated you for ride of the month so they appreciate your ride ALL on their own not because you post the most threads with pictures I think then the board would be flooded with just random threads of pictures and after a while there would be SO many threads others threads would get lost or over looked.
        You also have to consider noob's who just became a member and haven’t had the opportunity to post alot of pictures or threads. It would still all boil down to who is on here the most and posts the most so it would still be a popularity not and honest honor.

Last edited by EpicRed; 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM.

CARDOMAIN ................ PROGRESSION
        08 G6 GXP 20/10% tinted windows including 10" 10% brow,
        Crabs Intake Opt. 3 w/ FPU, Angel Eye Halo Projector Head Lights,
        Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Powder coated grilles, Raceingline STB,
        & Riken Raptors ZR 245/45-18's.
        TO BE INSTALL:
        Cquence Rotors, ceramic brake pads & paint calipers black
        92 LX Notchback mustang ~ Mods: 50 series flowmaster exhaust, 373 gears
        LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2006 G6 GT
        http://www.epicimpressionsphotography.com/

Comment

ALSO not everyone has a progression thread like me cause I don’t have the money for mod’s so why start a thread when I don’t if it will be a month, 6 months or a year before I mod it.

TO BE INSTALL:

Comment

Maybe under the ROTM category we can add something like the "garage" feature where people add their own vehicles with an updated mod list in hopes to get nom'd. Keep it strictly to posting a few pics of your ride, maybe 3 to 5 of your favortie/newest ones as you progress. Would be an easier aid for people looking for nice rides to chose from instead of shuffling through the progressions, old pics, and all the extra banter. I know we have our one calendar but maybe we could do one featuring the winners by each month just for ROTM.
            Current: 2015 Volvo s60 t6 awd r-design platinum

Former: 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP 3.9L Sedan Silver loaded w/ GT-R Exhaust, CRABS CAB Intake w/ FPU, AIT Carbon Fiber hood & roof wing spoiler, GM Ground Effects Kit, Eagle Eyes black CCFL halo projectors, 18" Konig Airstrike rims, shadow chrome recessed upper/lower grilles, 35% tint all around, tinted tails, Kenwood Excelon X497 Head Unit, R1 concepts drilled/slotted rotors, silver door plate sills, Racingline STB, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position tires, custom GTP floor/trunk mats, gm carbon silver interior trim kit, CF dart & pillar overlays/plate bracket, rs-1 cf/silver pedals, red calipers w/ GTP logos, chief badge replacements, red/silver painted engine/battery covers, windshield washer relocate

Comment

Originally posted by ESU06GTP View Post
              Maybe under the ROTM category we can add something like the "garage" feature where people add their own vehicles with an updated mod list in hopes to get nom'd. Keep it strictly to posting a few pics of your ride, maybe 3 to 5 of your favortie/newest ones as you progress. Would be an easier aid for people looking for nice rides to chose from instead of shuffling through the progressions, old pics, and all the extra banter. I know we have our one calendar but maybe we could do one featuring the winners by each month just for ROTM.
              I do like the ROTM calender idea

the other is doable BUT then again your gonna have more postings by certain members than others cuz there gonna take pic's everytime they mod there car and then want to post the info and pic's the garage you just keep adding mods to your garage it would be easier fo you all to check out what I am talking about go to this link

http://www.octanegirls.net/forums/garage.php

TO BE INSTALL:

Comment

Can i get a for the first request being met?

ROTM April 2011 Nominations

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

How about an option in the progression place to only view OP posts? That would make it easier.
                  1972 F100
                  1978 Twinstar
                  1992 Miata
                  2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                    How about an option in the progression place to only view OP posts? That would make it easier.
                    That would be a great idea and theoretically possible to do, but actually implementing it is far from a simple thing to do.
                    To actually make that doable would require a lot of custom coding as the feature doesn't exist within VBull right now.

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                      Can i get a for the first request being met?

ROTM April 2011 Nominations

sigpic
                      MY PROGRESSION:
                      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                        That would be a great idea and theoretically possible to do, but actually implementing it is far from a simple thing to do.
                        To actually make that doable would require a lot of custom coding as the feature doesn't exist within VBull right now.
                        Here is a thought. Code the button to run an advanced search of that thread for posts made by the OP. That is a feature already there under advanced search options. The you could just have it return the normal search results page, or code it up all nice like to pull up the actual posts as a thread.
                        1972 F100
                        1978 Twinstar
                        1992 Miata
                        2014 Mustang

Comment

My car improves it.....now it just needs to be nominated.....well I guess I could stick the front
                          of my GM kit on it first eh??
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                            My car improves it.....now it just needs to be nominated.....well I guess I could stick the front
                            of my GM kit on it first eh??
                            Yeah. Did you get the back on yet?
                            sigpic
                            MY PROGRESSION:
                            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                              Here is a thought. Code the button to run an advanced search of that thread for posts made by the OP. That is a feature already there under advanced search options. The you could just have it return the normal search results page, or code it up all nice like to pull up the actual posts as a thread.
                              I'm not trying to be negative here but this seems to be the LONG way around things. If a user wants to be nominated for the ROTM then they should make their Progression user friendly. I'm looking at this at an UX standpoint to make progressions better. This is just my webmaster brain thinking and some what playing devils advocate because everybody always goes to improving code when sometimes you can just improve the content and it will be better

Two ways you can make it easier on people searching for your stuff:
                              1. Edit your first thread with all your mods and updates then it will be in the first thread and people don't have to be searching for it in the entire thread. Then post a reply to bump your thread what you did as well so people can be like "Hey he did something new!"

2. Each individual post in a thread has an anchor point (basically a link to just that post) so you can post your updates as you go in the thread but update the first post (original post) in the thread with a link to that post of the update, so the first post will be an index of your progression thread and link to the posts in your thread that you have updates on.

Say I just put eyelids on my 6er (which I did), I would post a reply in my progression with all the info on it and pics. Then I would go back to the first post in my progression thread and put under my mods "Eyelids" (or something like that) with the link to the reply with all the info about that mod I would also categorize my mods in the mod index by exterior, interior, performance, etc...

Note: The anchor point link can be found by clicking the number in the top right of your post.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                              G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

All very true and valid points. Only thing not taken into account is how lazy I am. Oh and the fact I wouldn't want to be nom'ed until I get most f my mods done, some time next year.
                                1972 F100
                                1978 Twinstar
                                1992 Miata
                                2014 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                                X