This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 GTP vs 2010 Cobalt SS TC

not my story really but my buddy who has a balt SS rolled a G6 GTP today on the highway. The G6 GTP apparently had a window banner that said "fly g6" and then my buddy FLEW by him after the other guy instigated.

moron.
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Re: G6 GTP vs 2010 Cobalt SS TC

Guess he wasnt ready to fly like a G6
    Last edited by dre256; 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Umm there are vids of uzun with the GXP that pulled on his brothers ss/tc before a tune. So the 3.6L is capable to run with a ss/tc I think.
      2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
      2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
        Umm there are vids of uzun with the GXP that pulled on his brothers ss/tc before a tune. So the 3.6L is capable to run with a ss/tc I think.
        You are correct. There 0-60 is 5.8 seconds (and ussally thats an excellent driver) I thought They did more like 5 seconds flat and like a 13.5 in the quarter mile.

Am going to edit my first post lol

I gave it too much credit!

2013 Mustang GT
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

heh as stage 2 tune, misc other mods to the TC. I highly doubt they have a shot after that. not to mention any other potential mods that can be done that the Ly7 cant match.

don't get me wrong, i loved my G6, but i wouldn't have tried a balt SS/TC in it.
          sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

Ya my brothers TC is fast when its tuned and when theres turbo weather! no chance in a pull with the car, only out of the hole
            GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
              heh as stage 2 tune, misc other mods to the TC. I highly doubt they have a shot after that. not to mention any other potential mods that can be done that the Ly7 cant match.

don't get me wrong, i loved my G6, but i wouldn't have tried a balt SS/TC in it.
              I would try it! :P (off the line atleast) On the roll prob not.

Yea once you tune the 2.0L turbo its like a baby LS engine. Only thing that would be better tunning and working on then a SS/TC would be a Solstice GXP!
              Last edited by dre256; 03-29-2011, 12:05 PM.

2013 Mustang GT
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

my brother had a 09 ss/tc and it would beat the new 5.0s so yeah, the gtps dont really stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
                  I would try it! :P (off the line atleast) On the roll prob not.

Yea once you tune the 2.0L turbo its like a baby LS engine. Only thing that would be better tunning and working on then a SS/TC would be a Solstice GXP!
                  Solstice is the same motor as the cobalt ss/tc but RWD
                  GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

The solstice, cobalts, hhr's are pretty damn fun cars to play with thats for sure. I didn't drive my solstice that much at all this summer though lol. The only time I used my dashhawk awhile ago to do a 0-60 it was 5.2 secs.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Gosh this thread goes back to like 6 months ago. and brought back to life for some reason

2013 Mustang GT
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

at least it wasn't 2 years ago lol. You got to love thread revivals woot woot.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by cheynne18 View Post
                          my brother had a 09 ss/tc and it would beat the new 5.0s so yeah, the gtps dont really stand a chance.
                          Maybe bone stock and a bad driver in the 5.0. Sorry man a balt doesnt really have a chance. If you get a tune and better tires you are high 11's in the 5.0. Maybe you are thinking of the 4.6.
                          2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
                          Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

old thread is old
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X