Painted Air vents and LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Air vents and LEDs

I took the air vents out and painted the rings around the vent. I used color matched auto paint with a clear coat. While I had them out I put an LED in each one.

Heres a pic of the Air vents completely taken apart. Everything is snap fit together.

Assembled with the painted ring

In the car. Oh, and I painted the defroster vent and the gage cluster earlier. It almost matches the silver trim. I may paint those to match later on.

I drilled a hole in the side of the vent near the back. I had to stategically place the LEDs so they wouldn't shine in mine or my passengers eyes.

Then I used the extra space to intall a switch.

Here it is lit up.

It looks much better in person. But you get the idea. What do you all think?
    06 GT Coupe

whoa! great job!

I like it
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Nice job

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

i like it!
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Great job...love the look! :smoke:
          SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
          Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
          CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
          Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

cool! Gotta love custom interior mods!
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I wasn't sure about this when I opened the thread - but I'm impressed! looks good!
              Originally posted by colinpeddle
              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
              That here, by G6er law, we lie
              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

:

Looks great!

Comment

wow, I like it, cant tell the paint on the ring though. I need to replace the stupid neons I bought with LED's
                  BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

old thread I know.....

how do these come out. More specifically, the far left one.

working on a little something, something.
                    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

So, do you pull the vent straight out of the dash from the front?
                      Jim
                      Elbows-High Performance, LLC

Comment

That looks sweet
                        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Sedan - CRAB CAB, VMS 93 octane Tune, GT-R Exhaust, Eibach Prokit Springs, 35% Quartz tint, Colormatched GTP rims, Red Calipers

Comment

1. where do you run your electric (what do you hook up to)

2. could we trouble you for a how to oh taking out the vents?

thank you
                          06BlkGTP 6spd coupe.
                          D.S CAI+Stage 4.
                          Tune Time Performance Tune.
                          Red painted calipers.
                          GT-R Exhaust
                          GM Strut Bar
                          Red LEDs under dash
                          PowerSlot Cryo Rotors + Hawk Pads
                          Hammerhead

Comment

if i remember right if you lookon the sides of the vents youll se some tabs you have to release and they come out

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I'd say a How-To is a great idea also!!! WHERE IS IT??????
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X