Smoked a 02 Monte Carlo SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked a 02 Monte Carlo SS

So I've only had my G6 for about 3 months and it is completely stock and I wanted to race my friend who had an 02 Monte Carlo SS with a 3.8. I didn't think I was going to do as good as I did but we raced twice and I smoked him both times by at least a car length. We raced on about a mile and a half strip of road out in the back-country but I was super surprised and I give him crap all the time.
    Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Re: Smoked a 02 Monte Carlo SS

Thats a race you should win. I think the 3.8 has about 20 less HP than the 3.5. I could be wrong though. I think the 6 weighs a little less as well. Good kill...
    2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
    Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Originally posted by LB2 View Post
      Thats a race you should win. I think the 3.8 has about 20 less HP than the 3.5. I could be wrong though. I think the 6 weighs a little less as well. Good kill...
      I checked the specs of the Monte Carlo and the Monte is lighter and has a 200 hp engine also. It might have been my better traction that got him.
      Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

Comment

Yea the 2002 Monte Carlo SS wasnt fast at all untill they added the supercharger. I dont know how it got the name plate SS with just the 3.8L which was only 200 HP and around 220-225 lbs of torque. 0-60 was a joke of 8.5 seconds. They ran like mid 16s no clue how it got the SS badge.

Your GT should handle it fine. The worst 3500 0-60 is like 7.8 seconds which puts you a solid half second faster then they where.

Now try racing a Monte Carlo SS Supercharge and it will be a diffrence story
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
          Yea the 2002 Monte Carlo SS wasnt fast at all untill they added the supercharger. I dont know how it got the name plate SS with just the 3.8L which was only 200 HP and around 220-225 lbs of torque. 0-60 was a joke of 8.5 seconds. They ran like mid 16s no clue how it got the SS badge.

Your GT should handle it fine. The worst 3500 0-60 is like 7.8 seconds which puts you a solid half second faster then they where.

Funny thing is that he wrecked it about a year back and when he had it repainted he bought some intimidator stickers and put them on the side haha I call it "the imposter" instead

Comment

Originally posted by Bosspackfan4 View Post
            he bought some intimidator stickers and put them on the side haha I call it "the imposter" instead

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post

My father in law has the 05 SS Supercharged... I smoke it every time.. It's pulling 240 hp which is the same as my 3.9 but I think it's my manual transmission that is giving me the edge... the real different story would be the 06-07 5.3L Montes.

Comment

Originally posted by dAmNaGe97 View Post
                My father in law has the 05 SS Supercharged... I smoke it every time.. It's pulling 240 hp which is the same as my 3.9 but I think it's my manual transmission that is giving me the edge... the real different story would be the 06-07 5.3L Montes.
                If that wouldve been the case I wouldn't have even bothered trying haha

Comment

Originally posted by dAmNaGe97 View Post
                  Yes the G6 GTPs are better then the 3800 Super charged engine stock for stock. Before I had my PCM tune I raced a GP GTP and beat it by a fender. But your right the 5300s unless your really modded you arent taking them down. As a paper race a 3900 GTP is 0-60 in 6.6 seconds and a GP GXP can do it in 5.8 seconds.

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

who cares about how fast the 5300 is... those things sound evil, even with a stock exhaust!
                    MODS:20% tint, Lumens 6000K HIDs low and fogs, Lumens white LED plate light and reverse lights, Spyder LED/CCFL Halo/Projector headlights, white/white "Switchback" LED rear tail/brake/signals, shorty antenna, debadged hatch and front doors, blacked out grill

Comment

Originally posted by MalibuNut View Post
                      who cares about how fast the 5300 is... those things sound evil, even with a stock exhaust!
                      idk about evil. they have a nice tone though. i heard a 911 get on it near me the other day...talk about evil in stock form...holy balls
                      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

monte carlos are prolly one of the worst looking cars chevy has made. the supercharged montes are not even close to being as fast as my GTP. they only have 240hp and weigh alot more.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                          idk about evil. they have a nice tone though. i heard a 911 get on it near me the other day...talk about evil in stock form...holy balls
                          they're flat sixes always sound like that. it's to keep the sound of those beautiful air-cooled 4s and 6s from back in the day!

and mister guy above me, yes but you cant put a pulley kit on your car and get an extra 80hp :P
                          Last edited by MalibuNut; 11-08-2011, 02:52 PM.
                          MODS:20% tint, Lumens 6000K HIDs low and fogs, Lumens white LED plate light and reverse lights, Spyder LED/CCFL Halo/Projector headlights, white/white "Switchback" LED rear tail/brake/signals, shorty antenna, debadged hatch and front doors, blacked out grill

Comment

Originally posted by BL07GTP View Post
                            monte carlos are prolly one of the worst looking cars chevy has made.
                            i dont agree with that at all...

even the old school's were sexy
                            ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

Originally posted by penelopeTHEg6 View Post
                              i dont agree with that

even the old school's were sexy
                              Agreed..even my friend's 02 looks pretty sick..he's got 18' on it and it's pretty much all blacked out

Comment

Working...
                              X