FML.... :( Snow plow-1 G6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FML.... :( Snow plow-1 G6-0

pretty sure my GT is totaled which means now my GXP is gonna have to come out here and now its prob gonna have a ton of miles on it and get all rock chipped up

so, long story short, it snowed this morning but the roads were clear by this afternoon when i was on my way back from class, other than the snow the wind was blowing, i came up on a semi, which was in the left lane passing a car that was doin prob 40, after he passed them he got back in the right lane, and was doin prob 65, i stayed in the left lane to pass him and i was only going slightly faster, as i could not see very well because of all the snow that was blowing around from the semi.........well next think i know i smash into the backend of a snowplow that is doing prob 45 or less and according to the driver of the semi, the snow plow was in front of him, then got into the left lane and started slowing down to use the turn around in the median.........just my luck.......hitting a plow that is doing nothing but "driving around waiting for more snow to fall" and he wast even plowing or spreading sand..........didnt even hurt the plow at all, as i had tried to put her in the ditch as soon as i saw the plow but it was too late for that, i didnt even have time to hit the brakes, and i went under the truck and hit the back tires of the plow........cop said just recently this same plow driver/truck got hit, and they took off the sand spreader LOL

it took out the radiator which i saw it steaming imediatly after stopping, and shut the engine off so i think its probably "drivable" with a new rad. and headlights but i dont think ins. is gonna pay for all the metal to be pulled out.........i might have to end up buyin the car back and puttin a new rad and 2 headlights in it just so i have something to drive seing as how i just spent a shitload on headers for my GXP

anyways heres the pics, from the looks of it i dont think ins. is gonna fix it, so i only hope that if they dont i can at least have my brembos and GTR and amp and sub for my GXP and have my hammerhead and MMIs to sell or something

Last edited by SexyG6; 02-02-2011, 07:00 PM.

Re: FLM.... Snow plow-1 G6-0

OMG im so sorry to hear that happened to you. this season sucks for motorists in more than one way.

On a slightly lighter note, PM me if you want to sell the hammerhead because i am the same paint code so i would be willing to buy it.

I feel terrible that this happened :/
    Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
    sigpic
    Progression Page
    Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
    Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Damn dude that was one hell of a hit.... I can tell u just from me running over a chunk of ice last year it did $1100 + in damage. That was just for the rad, ac condenser, lower grills, and the plastic air dam under the front to get replaced. Just a guess but I'd say
      all my stuff plus bumper and healights, your talking $3k. Sad to hear.
      Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
      INDIAN WARRIORS
      1926-2010

Comment

ya, well its prob gonna be 3k just to replace the gxp bumper grilles and foglights and paint it lol..........if i wouldnt have clipped the fricken tires on the plow i think it would have been fine, the back of the truck cleared my hood LOL...........sooooo close to missing it too, it really only hit about the first foot from the passenger side right in the corner, but it was -5F and the entire front bumper literally shatered, it even broke the fricken welds on the driverside of the bar in front of the radiator and didnt hurt the driverside at all lol...........i sure dont want to have to bring the gxp out here but if they total it im probably gonna have to.......

Comment

dude i feel for you.
          8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

That's fkn brutal. I'm sorry to say it's a write off. I just went through a huge ordeal with insurance and having my front end repaired. The estimate on mine was $3500-4000 for minor front end damage. If this were even repairable it would cost $8000. Your whole front end is toast

Sorry to hear!!! but like people told me just be thankful you're alive...

Comment

Originally posted by datacat View Post
              That's fkn brutal. I'm sorry to say it's a write off. I just went through a huge ordeal with insurance and having my front end repaired. The estimate on mine was $3500-4000 for minor front end damage. If this were even repairable it would cost $8000. Your whole front end is toast

Sorry to hear!!! but like people told me just be thankful you're alive...
              idk, it was just fixed this last summer with 11k in damage when some idiot tried hitting me head on passing someone right in front of me

idk how far it got pushed into the engine bay........i was too depressed to look at it too closely there is zero damage to the driverside tho its all about the first 2 feet of the passengerside...........idk i guess i will prob know by the end of the week..........

Comment

Best of luck Glad you are ok...

Comment

Oofah! February on the new calendar is now declared an honorary month of mourning
                  CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

damn dude that sucks im sorry o and btw its FML not FLM lol
                    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

From what it looks like they may total it. Glad you are ok. Sorry for the 6...
                      2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
                      Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Yeah, sorry to say it ut there is major frame damage on the pass. side from what I see. Its totalled.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

why would you buy it back? just let insurance give you whatever its worth and buy another one. IMO that thing is totaled so just let em total it and buy a different G6 or something else to DD
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I can see the horn bent (frame)...that baby is totaled.
                            Im not sure about your state but you may be in for a Salvage title as well...?
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Sorry to hear man
                              GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Working...
                              X