FML.... :( Snow plow-1 G6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FLM.... Snow plow-1 G6-0

Glad you're ok, but looks like she's a goner!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
      why would you buy it back? just let insurance give you whatever its worth and buy another one. IMO that thing is totaled so just let em total it and buy a different G6 or something else to DD
      b/c if i get something else, im gonna have to pay tax title and liscence on watever i get, not to mention i now have a $300 ticket for not haveing montana plates and registration even tho i dont live here, and plates and registration cost about $800 EVERY YEAR and i wont be able to go home anymore without wondering if the car is gonna make it back, and i will imediatly have to buy a new set of snow tires for it and tint and HIDs and cars a fricken EXPENSIVE out here, you cant get a 2006 mazda3 with 150k for less than 7-8k out here, when i was lookin at my GT in the first place 2 identicle cars, out here it was 14k more than the same thing back home i wont have any $$ left to pay for the GXP and its insurance if i have to get another car, im sure my insurance is gonna go up again and im already paying $418 a month between the GT and GXP

and im definately not gonna find anything close in miles thats anywhere near as well taken care of as mine so if i get a different one its prob gonna have a lot more problems than mine has had

not to mention almost all the money i HAD saved up i spent cuz i put 8k down on the GXP and spent 4k on christmas presents and have only gotten like $3k since christmas from working lol...................

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
      I can see the horn bent (frame)...that baby is totaled.
      Im not sure about your state but you may be in for a Salvage title as well...?
      ya i know, thats the part that sucks so bad, it wouldnt even be bent up if i didnt hit the tire, if i hit a regular truck that actuall had a bumper it wouldnt have done that at all it was the tire rotateing and pulling everything up that did all the damage

are u talkin about tha black part on the bottom that is bent up that supposts the radiator? cuz if you are thats easily replaced, its only bolted onto the cradle by 2 bolts and as far as i could tell the cradle wasnt bent and the tubular parts wasnt crushed in towards the car at all, just bent up right in the front

idk, they fixed it for 11k in augsut and said that 11.5k was 80% of the value then which is their cutoff since they go off of the value of cars out here (one good thing about cars being so expensive out here) so im hopeing they will fix it......but only time will tell
      Last edited by SexyG6; 01-31-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Well, i guess the good news is y insurance said i should be able to get back whatever mods i want if it is in fact totaled.............
        Last edited by SexyG6; 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

That sucks man good luck with everything!
          Last edited by The01Cav; 01-31-2011, 11:02 AM.
          2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
          2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Yea that really sucks esp with all the work u put into her
            8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

oops meant to say *IF it is in fact totaled* lol i havent found out yet they are sposed to be towing it to the shop now, waiting to hear back from INS for a claim # so i can get a rental..............

talked to the shop and im sposed to meet with them to tell them what i want done in the event its not so i can have my GXP front and HIDs covered by INS, and if its NOT totaled, ill be getting all new HIDs AND the new projector headlights as they would be about the same price as new stock GM lights

Comment

for your sake I hope they can repair it again lol. Just always has to happen at a bad time.
                2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

ya im really hoping they will fix it.........after this i dont think im ever gonna mod my DD ever again unless it is tint, HIDs if it doesnt come with them stock and mabey an intake.................not really worth modding a DD anymore with as likely they are to get wrecked....if they do fix it next time i got home i think im gonna take the brembos and gtr off and put it on the gxp..........and swithc the new projector lights to the GXP if they fix my GT too LOL

Comment

What are you going to do if the GT gets totalled? Are you gonna temporarily drive the GXP until you get a beater or just make the GXP a daily?
                    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Damn dude. Looks to me its totaled. I see the front bumper bar is smacked up pretty well, i'd be surprised if the frame wasn't touched and screwed up.
                      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                      2005 CGM GTO.
                      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                        What are you going to do if the GT gets totalled? Are you gonna temporarily drive the GXP until you get a beater or just make the GXP a daily?
                        IDK yet if it was summer it wouldnt really bother me to much cuz i was gonna come back memorial day weekend and get the GXP and have my parent take it back to MI when they come to watch me in the linemans rodeo in july.......that way i wouldnt really put more than 6-7k miles on it while it was out here.....i REALLY dont want it out here in the winter at all b/c even tho they dont use salt out here they just dump strait road gravel on the highway which chips and dents a car all to hell, and after every winter i have been out here i have had to have the windshiled replaced from all the chips and cracks in it........not to mention im gonna have to spend even more on the GXP just to bring it out here, gonna have to have it tuned for the headers before i bring it here since no one out here can do it, gonna have to get every single panel i can covered in the 3m clear bra material, gonna have to by a new set of snow tires that i would put on the set of GTP wheels i have at home for the GT, and seat covers and good all weather floor mats not to mention how much more likely the GXP would be to get wrecked when i had to drive it this winter...........

all i can hope for is that they will fix my GT cuz either way its gonna cost a lot of $$ to get another car or its gonna cost $$ to get the GXP to where i would actually bring it out here and it not get completly trashed and a shitload of miles on it.....

as it is right now my GXP only has like 1100 miles on her

Comment

Being in almost the same situation, I can say that I would be hoping for it to be totaled. My 05 GT just got out of the shop with $5800 in damages and they were no where near the looks of yours (hit a grand cherokee at like 15mph, no bags went off). I was hoping it would be totaled because it just isnt the same since the accident. Im sure you could find another GT sedan with low miles pretty cheap and transfer your mods over and have another dd that you dont mind getting the road rash over your GXP. When I was looking for a replacement for my GT I found 07 v6's or GT's for about 8-10k with between 50-75k on them.
                          -Tim
                          2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
                          2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
                          2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
                          -5% Tint all around
                          -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
                          -Racingline STB
                          -Eibach Springs
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
                          2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

Sorry to see a G6 in so much pain. Worst case scenario, you get your mods back, but it still sucks.
                            2005 Chevy Trailblazer: K and N CAI, Gibson Cat Back Exhaust, Billet Grille, Tinted Aftermarket Tail Lights.

Comment

OMG Im so sorry to hear this! Im glad to see you are ok tho. That could have been ALOT worse.
                              2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

well tim,its was already wrecked once before, and its never been the same the first time its been to a gm dealership for anything, and 8-10 k is way too much for me to spend especially now that i will be off of work for up to 6 weeks now that i found out i have a broken collar bone from when i hurt my shoulder last weds..............and i dont even have anyone to take care of me and dont know where im even gonna live now since im in a hotel right now as the company was payin for rooms for us during the work week but now that i cant work idk whats gonna happen.......... i should know about my GT tomorrow tho

Comment

Working...
                                X