Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

When I compare an American car vs. an import, the import always costs more. I don't know how someone can say foreign cars are cheaper because they employ non-union workers. Although I welcome foreign car companies to come and built cars here I do believe they should be paying industry standard wage otherwise it won't be an even playing field. Competition is good as long as it is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom View Post
      When I compare an American car vs. an import, the import always costs more. I don't know how someone can say foreign cars are cheaper because they employ non-union workers. Although I welcome foreign car companies to come and built cars here I do believe they should be paying industry standard wage otherwise it won't be an even playing field. Competition is good as long as it is fair.
      Probably different experiences. I got both of my cars at a very good price. So I don't think I've said they are cheaper. Maybe I did. But my Civic I got at almost 1500-2000 below MSRP when other cars in it's class(sport trims only) were selling for 25K + I paid 20 even. And the GTP I got slightly below MSRP but got a really good trade in value for the Sonata. The Sonata part still baffles me. It was a 4 cylinder 06 (The last year their styling was just clones from other manufacturers). In the end the GTP ended up costing me close to 12K thanks to the crazy trade in value of the last clone model Hyundai. I think I was just trying to say their workers make equal salaries to their counterparts mostly. And if that wasn't meant towards me. Sorry I just woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalhead852 View Post
        It should be on their minds considering it was the govt and tax payers that bailed out 2 of the big 3. The other companies have to pay their dues as well. It seems like you are trying to say those legal constraints are a bad thing. Taxes and paying your employees aren't a bad thing.
        :facepalm:

Agreed with what Jordan said.

No I'm not saying legal constraints are a bad thing, you just said a blank statement that the Big 3 don't have the United States of America on their mind. I was giving the simplest of ways that they are... Please try and start a company here and you'll see everything I'm talking about or at the lowest level take a business class.

I'm done though, you'll see things your way and I'll see them mine...

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64 View Post
          :facepalm:

Agreed with what Jordan said.

No I'm not saying legal constraints are a bad thing, you just said a blank statement that the Big 3 don't have the United States of America on their mind. I was giving the simplest of ways that they are... Please try and start a company here and you'll see everything I'm talking about or at the lowest level take a business class.

I'm done though, you'll see things your way and I'll see them mine...

I never said the big 3 didn't care about America. I was saying none of them as in foreign or domestic do. Re-read what I wrote. And you gave absolutely no examples of How the big three have contributed directly to the benefit of the nation as a whole. Please provide some examples that have taken place during the time period we are discussing. Preferably some that have not been matched by their foreign counterparts.

Comment

Working...
          X