Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
    hey guess who doesnt give a shit (everyone here)
    Don't curse. It's against the forum rules. If I'm gonna play watered down Nancy like you guys keep telling me too then I would expect the Mods to do the same. Also why you mad bro? Facts getting you down? Cheer up buttercup.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalhead852 View Post
      Don't curse. It's against the forum rules. If I'm gonna play watered down Nancy like you guys keep telling me too then I would expect the Mods to do the same. Also why you mad bro? Facts getting you down? Cheer up buttercup.
      I find it funny someone who has been banned twice in the past week is trying to tell a member of the mod staff what to do

Metalhead.. I suggest you take a step back and look at this. You insult another members post in this thread was was somewhat on topic. You bring in something that's not on topic, and when someone replies to you, although with minor limited salty language, you bring up rules. Consider yourself lucky the OP or the user you quoted didn't flag your post as a infraction. Any further deviance from something on topic in this thread, or hassling of another user will result in a infraction.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
        As far as I know my Holden's all put together in Australia minus the battery, radio, fuses, and airbags that were installed when they got off the ship in Califnornia. A very large amount of the parts were all made and assenbled in South Korea. Almost all the replacement parts I've overed for the GTO so far have a Hodlen part # saying Made in Korea lablel on them.. then GM North America literally threw a label over it with their part number, and Made in Austrailia lol.
        Damn...lucky you for owning a Holden GTO and those who own a G8.... All of us that got raped by a subquality built cars....hope you sell or trade in your car before it get worse.

Comment

I find it funny someone who has been banned twice in the past week is trying to tell a member of the mod staff what to do

Metalhead.. I suggest you take a step back and look at this. You insult another members post in this thread was was somewhat on topic. You bring in something that's not on topic, and when someone replies to you, although with minor limited salty language, you bring up rules. Consider yourself lucky the OP or the user you quoted didn't flag your post as a infraction. Any further deviance from something on topic in this thread, or hassling of another user will result in a infraction.
          Would replying to your non on topic response be grounds for said infraction? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP View Post
            Damn...lucky you for owning a Holden GTO and those who own a G8.... All of us that got raped by a subquality built cars....hope you sell or trade in your car before it get worse.
            Holdens are nice and solid.. I wish they'd start importing more of them or sell the brand directly as is here. I love them cause they all have the essence of a American car, but with better build quality closer to cars from Europe. Alas there's a downsize. GTO's, and I assume G8's, are very easy to total. You mess up a fender, and that's it, done. Parts are so damn expensive they just total them off.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I want a h
              Holden Commodore HSV cluman sport GXP edition LOL.......just out of curiosity i looked up what itd take to get one from australia and it's not doable b/c it would meet the US's emmision standards which is why the G8 is so watered down compaired to the real thin in australia

Comment

I wish they'd start importing more of them or sell the brand directly as is here. I love them cause they all have the essence of a American car, but with better build quality closer to cars from Europe. .
                No joke, I wouldnt have any qualms about buying a GTO if i could afford to fix it if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                  whether or not it was 100% made in the USA its where that company is owned. Who benefits most on the final sale of that automobile? yes those assembly stations are in the US making money true, but in a shop that cranks out hundreds of cars that sell for thousands on thousands of dollars, who makes that big final profit?

It always seems like you have this attitude towards america that is negative. Not everyone is a total redneck that sees chevy and thinks THAT THER IS AN 'MERICAN MADE CERR. we all know things get made all over the world. its called outsourcing and cheap labor and it's been happening for quite some time.
                  FYI, for a car that sells for tens of thousands of dollars, profit is only a small fraction of that total price. Yes that get sent back overseas to the parent company but the majority of the economic benefits stays in America.

I don't have a negative attitude towards America. While I don't always buy American products that is always my first choice...to shop American made products first. Only if there is nothing available that I like then will I buy something foreign. What gets me is when American businesses adopt practices that are un-American, such as out-sourcing jobs to other countries just to save money on labor, or whatever. Out-sourcing is good for business I agree, but it's unpatriotic and it weakens our country. That's when I will make pointed, bashful comments, especially now when our economy is in a downward spiral and other countries are set to overtake us. Kudos to companies like Toyota, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, etc that stepped up to the plate and set up plants here to build cars using American made parts and employing American workers. We should all put America first and forget whether the badge says Chevy or Toyota. It's our own ignorance that's killing us.
                  Last edited by mrslcom; 01-13-2011, 07:54 AM.

Comment

^ People don't see that though. Most American's who are uber "buy American" don't know the facts. So they base their opinion off of What GM, Ford, and Chrysler use to be. In a Capitalistic economy buyers are expected to buy the best product at the best price they can find. That's the reason companies like Hyundai have blown up in the past decade. GM and Chrysler forgot this fact. That's a small part of the reason they got themselves in the situation they did. Everyone thinks that because it started in America that what's good for America is the success of the company. Not true anymore. It's a global market. But of course most Americans don't understand that. A partial reason as well for foreign companies success in America has been the location of their assembly plants. Many southern states are a "right to work" area. Which means if an employee doesn't work to the quality standards of the employer then they can be let go. Not true with states in the Rust Belt that have strong worker unions. This is a factor in why you saw foreign cars quality go up in the 90's and early millennium. Also not to mention workers in Foreign plants based in the US have repeatedly turned away the UAW. Many people fail to see that while US companies sent their jobs away from US workers their foreign counterparts came in to fill the void. Buying American simply because it's American would be rewarding the company for in essence raising the unemployment rate. But American companies are on the rebound my favorite in particular is Ford. They've really done a 180 with their line and quality.

Comment

Thing that gets me is that the whole reason that US companies have to outsource is because of companies like Toyota, Honda, etc.. They paid their employees practically nothing because in their home countries there was close to no labor laws or minimum wage like the US had. Thus when Toyota, Honda and all came to America, its no wonder they can sell their products for less. Another thing that gets my goat, is that all these countries make it that American companies (or other foreign companies) that want to sell stuff in their country have to build a factory there and pay a fee. US does nothing like this so once again, the foreign companies can sell stuff for cheaper than what we can sell in their home country. There's just a huge list of stuff I can keep saying and this list is why I don't buy foreign cars.

I'm not fully blaming foreign car companies for coming here and doing what they're doing, its made for a lot of great competition and good American cars coming back but some stuff that has gone down seems just retarded to me. American companies have also let things like unions get out of hand which is a BIG problem.

Overall when it comes down to it, I'll stand by my other statement. American companies help America, plain and simple. It might not be huge but I rather help a road get built here than one in a foreign country that I'll never use...

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

PS: Guess how the Pontiac Solstice GXP did against the Civic Si in the SCCA World Challenge GTS class. I recommend you don't do any research you'll be disappointed.
                        I would honestly say this is a brooler story than jordans. thats like saying MY G6 IS BETTER THAN THE PORSCHE BECAUSE IT WON IN THE GTS CLASS! SO THEREFORE MY G6 IS BETTER THAN A GT3 ON THE STREET!!11!ONE!

those cares are nothing but a shell that LOOKS like the model of a car.
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                          I would honestly say this is a brooler story than jordans. thats like saying MY G6 IS BETTER THAN THE PORSCHE BECAUSE IT WON IN THE GTS CLASS! SO THEREFORE MY G6 IS BETTER THAN A GT3 ON THE STREET!!11!ONE!

those cares are nothing but a shell that LOOKS like the model of a car.
                          You need to read the rules of the GTS class. And you are correct it was definitely a brooler story co.

And @ Ringo:
                          Non Detroit employees have been making equal to better money when compared to their counterparts. Also GM, Ford, and Chrysler have all out sourced jobs just like the others. Like I stated before, it's a world economy now. What's good for America is the last thing on any of the CEO's minds be it Honda, Ford, GM, etc...

Comment

And @ Ringo:
                            Non Detroit employees have been making equal to better money when compared to their counterparts. Also GM, Ford, and Chrysler have all out sourced jobs just like the others. Like I stated before, it's a world economy now. What's good for America is the last thing on any of the CEO's minds be it Honda, Ford, GM, etc...
                            You do realize I was talk history don't you?

Also its not what the CEO's do, its a thing called taxes and business fee's to be registered as an American Corporation, among other fee's American companies go through to function as such Plus the American Government better be on all of the Big 3's mind due to legal constraints they have to follow here, pay there employees, taxes, etc.. etc...
                            Last edited by Ringo64; 01-13-2011, 08:44 PM.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                            G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64 View Post
                              You do realize I was talk history don't you?

Also its not what the CEO's do, its a thing called taxes and business fee's to be registered as an American Corporation, among other fee's American companies go through to function as such Plus the American Government better be on all of the Big 3's mind due to legal constraints they have to follow here, pay there employees, taxes, etc.. etc...
                              It should be on their minds considering it was the govt and tax payers that bailed out 2 of the big 3. The other companies have to pay their dues as well. It seems like you are trying to say those legal constraints are a bad thing. Taxes and paying your employees aren't a bad thing.

Comment

He wasnt saying that it is a bad thing. If you look at that article you will see that they say that although honda, toyota, nissan etc have invested here in America, their contributions are tiny compared to what the big 3 spend here.

And the government actually bailed out all 3 of the big 3. Ford just took less and in a different way so it was hush hush until a few months ago.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Working...
                                X